cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller knowingly sending wrong item..

Ordered some cables from China (I know, but they were cheap and for a DIY project) and I wanted specific colors and sizes. I was sure to read the description  and the seller states:

"Please note that the cable has a variety of colors.We will be random shipment.If you need to specify the color.Please leave a message in the order.thank you"

I wrote the colors I wanted, per their instructions, during checkout. Then I thought, to be safe, I'd go ahead and message them, just letting them know. A bit later, the item was marked as shipped. Soon after, they messaged me back.

"The parcel has been sent.We ship the goods at random.Thank you very much!"

I responded that I asked for the colors I wanted in the order, but no response from them. I'm assuming they're just going to send me the wrong stuff. Am I SOL if they send the wrong colors? I'm not going to cry over a few bucks, but it feels extremely deceptive.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can open a not as described case after you receive them.

Issues are not uncommon with over seas sellers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can open a not as described case after you receive them.

Issues are not uncommon with over seas sellers.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Okay, sounds good. Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

A bit later, the item was marked as shipped. Soon after, they messaged me back.

"The parcel has been sent.We ship the goods at random.Thank you very much!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The message might be an automatic message sent after items are shipped. If it is an automatic message it wasn't personally just for you.  Sellers can set up the automatic message to be sent after the item has been marked as shipped if they use selling manager pro.  Just a thought.

So, it is possible you will receive the correct cable colours, it's also possible you won't receive anything at all.

However, if the cables are not as described, or not received, you can file the relevant claim.

What is the sellers feedback like, has the seller got hundreds of negs ?

@theprettestone

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You're welcome!!

Hope you get what you specified.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Unfortunately, when you risk ordering from China sellers, you know what's gonna happen:  you may or may not get the item, you may or may not get what you ordered, and you for sure will not get good customer service. 

Hopefully the seller will make it right but he may not even understand English.  Next time, consider a USA seller.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes, those prices can entice, but it doesn't mean it will work out well.

Well said.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

~1500 positive, ~25ish negative. They got back to me, told me that they already sent it and that I was supposed to leave a note. I sent them a screenshot of the note on the order. Guess we'll see what happens in when it gets here. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply