cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller is not answering questions regarding item and shipping number (6 days and no answer)

Hi! Is there any way to report with eBay a seller that doesn't care about the item you purchased from him/her? I sent 4 messages asking information about the shipping number, 6 days have passed and nothing. What to do with these people on eBay?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Seller is not answering questions regarding item and shipping number (6 days and no answer)

Ease up on the messages.  Sellers are not required to do anything more than get the item to you. Just wait and if a day after the last delivery date passes ans it's not arrived you can file a case.  Sellers are not required to provide or even use a tracking number. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

In the listing where you made this purchase, you saw an estimated delivery date.

If you've not received your item within a few days past that date, you can open an item not received case.

eBay sellers aren't required to use tracking and, actually, tracking protects the seller more than the buyer.

The buyer has eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers if/when a transaction goes wrong.

If you've not read it yet, why not take the time to read it now? You are very well protected by eBay.  Learn about this protection and when/how to use it.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Ease up on the messages.  Sellers are not required to do anything more than get the item to you. Just wait and if a day after the last delivery date passes ans it's not arrived you can file a case.  Sellers are not required to provide or even use a tracking number. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Sellers are not required to furnish tracking numbers nor respond to buyer communications under eBay rules.  I recommend that you familiarize yourself with the MBG and act accordingly if the item hasn't arrived by the final day of the estimated delivery period.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@arthud2-4 wrote:

What to do with these people on eBay?

What you do with these people you speak of is, when the time comes, (estimated delivery date), and your item does not arrive, you file an item not received case. Go to the item you purchase and just click the button. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@arthud2-4 wrote:

Hi! Is there any way to report with eBay a seller that doesn't care about the item you purchased from him/her? I sent 4 messages asking information about the shipping number, 6 days have passed and nothing. What to do with these people on eBay?

I would tell these people to understand that tracking is not for the buyer it is for the seller's protection and to excercise a little patience, and learn how the MBG works, but that's just me. 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

"Sellers are not required to provide or even use a tracking number". Too bad. Seriously. Money Back Guarantee is not the right solution for this type of problem with sellers. I read other comment saying that the provision of the tracking number is a guarantee for the seller...and what about the buyers pal? Anyway, let's continue supporting scammers-like sellers.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

🤣

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@arthud2-4 wrote:

"Sellers are not required to provide or even use a tracking number". Too bad. Seriously. Money Back Guarantee is not the right solution for this type of problem with sellers. I read other comment saying that the provision of the tracking number is a guarantee for the seller...and what about the buyers pal? Anyway, let's continue supporting scammers-like sellers.

Buyers have the MBG and the estimated delivery date.

Why isn't the MBG right for this situation?

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply