cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller dragging feet on refund

I purchased an item that turned out to be SNAD.  I opened a return case and 3 days later the seller sent a return label.  I immediately shipped it back and USPS attempted to deliver on 1-20.  Per the tracking they made 2 more delivery attempts and now the last item on the tracking from 1-27 says reminder to pick up package.  I messaged the seller 4 days ago asking why there is a delay in getting the package and their response was that they had not received it yet.  I replied with a screen shot of the tracking explaining that USPS has been trying to deliver it for a week.  They have not replied since and they still have not gotten the package.

Is there any way to ask ebay to step in or do I have to wait it out for the seller to decide they want to pick up the package?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All you have to do is call customer service. You don’t need to provide any documentation, they already have it. They’ll issue your refund once they track the package and see that it’s available for pickup. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Contact ebay customer support, provide documentation.

Good luck

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

All you have to do is call customer service. You don’t need to provide any documentation, they already have it. They’ll issue your refund once they track the package and see that it’s available for pickup. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks. They are taking care of it. I was hoping there was a way to do it through the website since calling is such a pain. The automated system recognized the dispute and told me to work it out with the seller but I managed to get to a live person
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

wrote:

My approach with customer service is to present the issue, and provide documentation for consideration, examples: possibly dates of certain communications , tracking number etc, to facilitate, save the rep.,some research time & effort, and do what I can to expedite a desired result.

It's conducting oneself in a professional manner.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's becoming quite common. It's like a silent retaliation. I've had two sellers drag out return process one that waited five days and eBay sent the return label for the SNAD. The seller issued an echeck several days after receiving. The second one was a $422 item SNAD. The seller refused the return label. eBay did on the fifth day then after they received the SNAD return they waited 9 calendar days and eBay got involved because he offered no refund. What a hassle. Sorry your experiencing this but you're not the only one so don't feel alone. In this day an age where amazon refund upon tracking uploads, hassle free is just around the corner. Good luck. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply