cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Suspended shortly after my purchase

I ordered two of the same item from a seller but eBay suspended their account the next day. I tried to file a claim for a refund but am unable to do so because eBay won't even let me process the claim, I assume because the seller has been terminated. The tracking number the seller provided appears to be fake since using that number reports "tracking not available". Using the item number to ask for the order to be canceled results in a message saying "Looks like you're not buying or selling this item". Well, I was most certainly was buying these items until eBay suspended the seller's account!

This seller is obviously fraudulent otherwise eBay would not have suspended their account. Why isn't it eBay's policy to issue an automatic refund when there is obvious fraud? They do have a money-back guarantee policy when we get ripped off....

https://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Unfortunately eBay has to investigate every claim and do their due diligence. Have you tried contacting eBay? They should give you an estimate of when you'll receive credit for the items you never received.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

"Looks like you're not buying or selling this item". 

Log into your PayPal account and find the payment transaction. Does it say completed or is it showing as pending or unclaimed? If it's unclaimed you should see the option to cancel your payment. What do you see there?

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I completely understand that eBay needs to do their due diligence.

Concerning contacting eBay about this issue, yes I tried, but the first thing they want to know is for what transaction I am inquiring about. Giving them that information, I got the message saying "Looks like you're not buying or selling this item" and I was stopped in my tracks.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Do you have ebay's app? If you do then go to My eBay> Purchases> select the item you purchased>click the 3 dots at the top right corner and then scroll all the way down to where it says "Call Us"

This will prevent the representatives from constantly having to ask you which item/item number you're talking about to get helped.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion. I just went to PayPal's website and surprisingly the last transaction listed there was from December 19th and I placed my order after that date. I was very surprised to see this, I don't recall them ever being so out of date. Possibly it is because of the Christmas holiday.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@bb,

That statement saying you weren't buying the item is a red flag that maybe your payment never went through. How did you pay? Did you pay using PayPal funds or did you pay using a credit or debit card?

Sunny

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I do have the app. Unfortunately when I try to select the item in question it is greyed out and says (Removed Item) so I can no longer select it.

Just to see how this works I selected another recent purchase and scrolled down to "Call us" and it says "Monday to Sunday 5:00 am to 10:00 pm Pacific Time" so too early to call them now anyway. Too bad the item that I need help with is greyed out, but when I asked for help with another item also nearer to top of the page I can still actually see the item in question so I clicked on it. Unfortunately that resulted in the message: "Looks like you're not buying or selling this item" the same message I got using their website. Nice try though....

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I paid with a credit card through PayPal. I believe the statement that I wasn't buying or selling the item is because eBay removed the item on their website when the seller was suspended, but I know some record of it is still exists because when looking through my purchased items it is still there but the details are gone. It is greyed out using both their mobile app and on a computer, also on the computer it also says "We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction".

Unfortunately I had already paid.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Yes, it will be greyed out because eBay removed the listing.

If you don't see the payment in your PayPal account then it didn't actually clear. If you see the charge on your credit card statement then you will need to call your card company and ask them what needs to be done to credit that amount.

Sunny

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@bb,

Keep checking your paypal account, They may be behind because of Christmas, but it should be caught up by today.  Once it appears there you can click on it to read the details and the item number is a part of that. 

You can get ebay's phone number by going to the Resolution Center at the bottom of any page on your computer. Click on that and in the box on the right select resolving a problem with a seller click. Scroll to the bottom because none of the things there match your issue and click on the Call Us button.

If by later today, there is no info about the trasaction on your paypal account, call them and find out why.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 11
latest reply