cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Hasn't Shipped Item

I recently made a post here asking about the seller who sent me a request to cancel the item I bought from him and you told me not to, that he was trying to dodge a point on his record. It's been 10 days since I bought it. Is it time now to do something about this guy? I replied and told him I'm not going to cancel the sale.  He evidently isn't going to ship the camera. He says it's defective but he "didn't realize it before he listed it." I have no idea why he hasn't refunded my purchase price yet.  He's acting like he's got a negative FB on the way. 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@transplantn wrote:

the seller sent me a request to cancel the item I bought from him

I replied and told him I'm not going to cancel the sale. 

He evidently isn't going to ship the camera.

He's acting like he's got a negative FB on the way. 

1. If you tell the seller to cancel the transaction @transplantn, the seller can choose Buyer Requested Cancel, then

- get eBay FVF fees back,

- won't get a defect, and

- feedback is blocked.

2. If you start an Item Not Received refund request, your seller can refund before 3 business days, then

- get eBay FVF fees back,

- won't get a defect, and

- feedback is blocked.

3. If you open an Item Not Received dispute at http://paypal.com/disputes then IMMEDIATELY click Escalate to PayPal, your seller then

- must issue a refund or PayPal will force a refund,

- won't get PayPal and eBay fees back, and

- feedback is not blocked.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

No surprise there for me. Who knows if the seller is telling the truth or not. My ex wife lied alot and I was married to her.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Actually if you do an INR, feedback is not blocked, but you will have a rotten time finding the place to submit it.
https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/leave_feedback?

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Sounds like a plan. I'll deal with Paypal. 🙂 

But PP says I have to wait 20 days after opening the claim before I can escalate it to a PP dispute. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I opened the PP claim and sent the message to the seller. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@transplantn wrote:

Sounds like a plan. I'll deal with Paypal. 🙂 

But PP says I have to wait 20 days after opening the claim before I can escalate it to a PP dispute. 

You can escalate right away, @transplantn: Go to your dispute page at PayPal, and click Escalate to PayPal at the bottom.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much. I escalated it to PP. 🙂
Message 8 of 8
latest reply