cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers on ebay and distribution hub thefts

Anonymous
Not applicable

either  scammers are operating on ebay  without any over sight whatsoever or the USPS system is chocked full of thieves. Several times I have ordered things off of ebay only to see the tracking go dead after 3 days or so when it hits a USPS distribution hub.

Who else out there is going through what i am?

It simply not worth dealing with the chinese scammers and the usps internal thefts, it becoming a game of chance and when you do have to use ebays " money back guarantee" ( which has a lot of hidden clauses in it in support of a so called seller) you then have to wait  for days and days to get a refund.

Its simply not worth it anymore,  with ebays indifference to shoddy dealers  and a corrupt USPS system im finding it a LOT easier to use other sites that dont use the USPS system so heavily and they hold the sellers feet to the fire

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous,

"either scammers are operating on ebay without any over sight whatsoever or the USPS system is chocked full of thieves. Several times I have ordered things off of ebay only to see the tracking go dead after 3 days or so when it hits a USPS distribution hub".

Do you take the time to check seller's feedback profile pages before buying from them?  If you did, you may have avoided some of the issues you have run into.  Some of the problems you have had are because you do not check sellers handling times as well.  eBay's estimated delivery time frames are just that "Estimated" and often not based on a shipping service's estimated time frames. 

Also if you check a seller's shipping method you might find it is an inappropriate one for for the item being sent. One seller you bought from listed an item that weighs about 15 lbs, but showed 1st Class package as the delivery service which has a weight limit of 15.9 oz. for commercial shippers. That could be why the package was stuck in a USPS facility.

"It simply not worth dealing with the chinese scammers and the usps internal thefts, it becoming a game of chance and when you do have to use ebays " money back guarantee" ( which has a lot of hidden clauses in it in support of a so called seller) you then have to wait for days and days to get a refund"

You haven't sold on ebay in over a year and many changes have taken place in the last few years.  The money back guarantee (MBG) has never immediately issued refunds.  Now with ebay's managed payment system it can take 3-5 days after you win a dispute, before the funds will show up in a bank acct, or up to 30 days for a credit Card provider to display it on your statement.

You have also been on the site long enough to know what to look out for, to avoid chinnese sellers. You can avoid some by not shopping using Price: lowest or Best Match.  Those filters usually display the China based seller's listings first. Also using the US only filter will weed out a few more.

FYI, if a seller has a 3 day handling time and you buy after business hours on a Friday, in a sellers location, by ebay rules, Monday IS the first day ebay requires them to ship. Weekends and National Holidays are not considered Business days.  Thanks for posting though.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've  bought and sold a lot on ebay, and I have checked every vendors feedback before purchasing,  so your assume that of me avoiding all of this is simply wrong....any other free useless advice?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

USPS has some black holes evidenced with the Grand Advantage Service, which are causing some shipments to be delayed. How long have you been waiting? As long as the original estimated delivery on the listing?

Ebay see that you get refunded.

If you are receiving shipments using Ebay Standard Envelope, scans are erratic, you will be protected if the estimated delivery on the listing is exceeded.

Ebay's guarantee is not quick but it is reliable for buyers who fill the claim on time.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You sound really frustrated. It stinks that your not receiving your items. You are protected but that does not make it better when you pay for an item and it does not show. In the category i buy and sell in i have noticed the packages are taking longer to receive and deliver. You came to the right place to vent. I have 2 packages now that i have put in a search for with the PO. I had 1 take 3 weeks before it was finally delivered. Hope things get better for you.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Likewise oh expert, I guess you haven't also noticed that ebay allows those mainland Chinese sellers to have a united States address yet it  comes straight from China..

I guess you haven't noticed that one have you oh wise one....what are you a ebay bot?

No one here is a bot. We're just experienced buyers and sellers who volunteer our time trying to help people who come to the forums. Many times, as in the case of your post, we honestly should just recognize someone whose sole purpose is to rant. But since we're not getting a cent for doing this it's poor form to insult someone who's simply trying to help. If you find a post to be not helpful, the classy thing is to just scroll by and ignore it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You have obviously been having a LOT of buying issues in the past 6 months.  You have to learn how to appropriately vet these sellers. The last 2 you left negs for should not have been used just due to their terrible feedback numbers. I would guess that you have left more negs that have been removed.

The best price is not always best. 

Posting ID
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The biggest culprit... the Chinese!

The next culprit.... ebay!

Ebay let's them sell with free reign with feedbacks that are bloody red.

It's like ebay has a counterfit/ fake/replica coin police that says you simply can not sell replica coins.

They DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR OWN RULES AND GUIDE LINES!

If you report the item using the link , to report the item, you receive a a message, sorry and they leave future buyers to get scammed.

I made a list of all the scammers or possibly a syndicate of scammers using the same address, but with multiple user names.. over 50. Ebay did nothing!

I have been on ebay for 26 year and deservere better!!!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@1968_corvette_ragtop,

You may be a 26 year member, but it seems you do not check feedback profiles of the seller's you intend to buy from.  Registered in China but give a location in the U.S. is a warning to me.  Buying from brand new sellers who may not know about ebay's 21 day hold on new sellers payments can result in late shipping unless you are willing to help them along a little bit. 

With millions of new items being listed daily on the site, do you really think each one van be vetted?

One person reporting a listing for "fake/counterfeit" items is not enough for ebay to take action. 

A) they do not know if you are qualified enough to know if an item is fake.

B) You could have a separate selling ID listing items in the same category, and are trying to hurt the competition.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 9
latest reply