cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by seller from India, Ebay's buyer protection preventing me from getting refund or reporting

I just got scammed hard by a seller from India, and Ebay's buyer protection is completely useless. I bought a sword from what I thought was an Indian sword seller on Ebay. After I'd paid for it, and the hour cancellation window was closed, the seller said they had already sold my item on a different country's ebay store. They offered to replace it with a different one, and I accepted on good faith. Then I got an offer from them for the second item, without them ever cancelling the first order! Not only that, the offer they made was much more than the original item I bought, when they promised to replace it at the same price. 

I caught on to the scam, and I declined their second offer, and contacted them asking to cancel my order and refund me. They have ignored my messages since then. I contacted Ebay support, and they refused to help me, since buyer protection doesn't activate until the item's delivery date is past due. Thats in a MONTH. I paid 700 dollars for an item that Ebay KNOWS is not going to be shipped at all, they even acknowledged that they know the seller won't ship the item. I can't even report the seller, since Ebay's sytem refuses to acknowledge anything is wrong, as the item isn't due to arrive yet, according to their stupid automated system. 

For those of you out there looking to buy swords or antiques, the seller 

They have a ton of positive reviews, which is crazy and messed up. They're scam artists, and they need to be stopped.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Scammed by seller from India, Ebay's buyer protection preventing me from getting refund or reporting

You bought an item the seller wasn't going to send you so you accepted a replacement instead of a refund?  That's asking to lose buyer protection. While you wait your buyer protection expires.  You have 30 days from your original expected delivery date to file a claim. You  don't try to get a refund  from the seller because they'll ignore you. 

File a dispute on PayPal  if you paid that way. Or dispute the charge with your credit card co.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

it would appear that the seller is trying to get you to upgrade to a better sword

if the 1st deal did not work out then the replacement probably will not either

its better to wait for the 700 than to prolong the agony wth a more expensive replacement item that might not get shipped either

I am sorry this has happened but I woud just stand firm with the original deal and ask for a refund in 30 days

some sellers that offer replacements try to play the string along game

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@volcanic_miniatures wrote:

I contacted Ebay support, and they refused to help me, since buyer protection doesn't activate until the item's delivery date is past due. Thats in a MONTH. I paid 700 dollars for an item that Ebay KNOWS is not going to be shipped at all, they even acknowledged that they know the seller won't ship the item. 

Unfortunately the system that is in place is not very accomadating in making exceptions.

Sorry this is happening to you.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Never accept a replacement offer from the seller for an item you have paid for.  eBay ONLY protects buyers in two ways:

(1) The Item Not Received claim when you have paid but the item has not arrived. You get a refund of your payment.

(2) The Item Not As Described claim when you have paid and the shipping record shows you recieved something. It allows you to return what you received. You get your payment refunded when the return shipping tracking shows delivery to the seller's address.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@volcanic_miniatures wrote:

I declined their second offer, and contacted them asking to cancel my order and refund me. They have ignored my messages since then.

I contacted Ebay support, and they refused to help me, since buyer protection doesn't activate until the item's delivery date is past due. Thats in a MONTH. I paid 700 dollars for an item that Ebay KNOWS is not going to be shipped at all, they even acknowledged that they know the seller won't ship the item.

If that's how you paid, you can file an "Item not received" dispute here at PayPal one second after you paid, despite any estimated delivery date, then go back immediately to click Escalate to PayPal, since your item will never be shipped.

Then @volcanic_miniatures just wait for your automatic refund.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yes! I got scammed too, paid $215.0014k gold ring from seller. I had it tested in Ca. it was fake! And stones are Cubic circonia. Please be aware.Sellers from india are nothing but a scam. I can

Not believe ebay continue to allow them to deceive the publi. Ebay does not care as long as they're making money off of them.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply