cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return shipping label?

Hi. I recently purchased something from Latvia. (I'm in the US, if it matters). I think this was simply a language miscommunication and no ill intentions were involved, but it's a black and white case of SNAD. The seller immediately offered me a full refund if I send the item back. Problem is, I've only made returns with pre-paid shipping labels I got off Ebay, but this seller doesn't know how to do that. She's asked me to ship it back then take a picture of the amount I paid and she'd add that to the refund. I really don't want to do this, as it seems to me there's no guarantee she'd pay that money back.  Or is this a standard practice? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Return shipping label?

NO WAY< SHE NEEDS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEND YOU A LABEL OR YOUR $$ IS GONE<

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Return shipping label?

Okay, I missed this but I also got a message from ebay that says that the seller contacted them and they can't create a label but they are still responsible for shipping costs and I need to arrange it with ther seller. So maybe it is ebay sanctioned? I've just never come across this situation before. It's weird. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Return shipping label?

Only sellers in the US can send shipping labels. With international NAD returns eBay requires the seller to send the funds for return shipping upfront. Figure how much shipping will be, then let the seller know and tell her you need her to send the funds before you ship. If she refuses, go to your return case and ask eBay to step in. Normally they'll refund without requiring the item to be returned in these cases.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Return shipping label?

Thank you so much, that's just the info I needed!  It makes much better sense now.  I will do that. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Return shipping label?

@kathiec wrote:

@lilyflowertulip wrote:

I also got a message from ebay that says that the seller contacted them and they can't create a label but they are still responsible for shipping costs and I need to arrange it with ther seller. 

Figure how much shipping will be, then let the seller know and tell her you need her to send the funds before you ship. If she refuses, go to your return case and ask eBay to step in. Normally they'll refund without requiring the item to be returned in these cases.

Once eBay emails the buyer that the seller can't create a label, the buyer is stalled at arranging return shipping with the seller. THERE IS NO ASK EBAY TO STEP IN OPTION over on the return details page. 

xaxa59_0-1668661275080.jpeg

Time will run out for the buyer to upload a return tracking number, and the return will close without a refund.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Return shipping label?

You should still be able to ask eBay to step in four business days after the return was opened. The only thing that should prevent that is the seller actually providing the return label.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Return shipping label?

@lilyflowertulip 

Often international users are unable to purchase postage in other countries. eBay declines to do this as well.  Go to USPS.com, and calculate the shipping back to the seller.  You can take a screenshot of this and forward it on.  The seller is supposed to provide the funds in USD for you to then purchase the label with delivery confirmation.  The sending of funds is typically done through PayPal, for the eBay system provides no method to simply send money. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply