cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report an Item Missing - Feature is Broken

I have an item that is late, and the tracking hasn't been updated for several days. It was "out for delivery" five days ago, no update since. Classic lost package.

So I clicked the link beside the item that says "More Actions" and the the link that says "I didn't receive it"

This takes me to a page that says the item might still be in transit. It says if it's not here by April 24th, click "more actions" and "I didn't receive it"

But today is April 25th.

Today is April 25th.

So...

It's ALREADY not here by April 24th, and this page is telling me to click "more actions" and then click "I didn't receive it"

But that's WHAT I ALREADY JUST DID

It never gets to a place where I can actually REPORT IT MISSING so I can get a refund. Just goes in an endless loop.

YOU CLICK THE LINKS, AND IT TAKES YOU TO A PAGE THAT SAYS "CLICK THE LINKS"

See what I mean? The feature is broken. How do I report a missing item? I can't. How can I get a refund? I can't.

EBAY, HELLO??? FIX THIS???

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Report an Item Missing - Feature is Broken

@raven-labs,

The message telling you to wait until the 24th means that if the item hasn't been received on the 24th you can report it on the 25th, but in California time. Given the time stamp of this post, if you are located in the Eastern or Central time zones it was still the 24th in Ca..  Wait until this afternoon to send the Item Not Received (INR)  report.

You used to be a fairly active seller on ebay, and should know, that on the day you saw the Out For Delivery message, but it wasn't delivered.   You should have contacted the seller to let them know the package was not delivered, so they could contact the shipper and try to get it found.  If you are able to file the INR report today, ebay may give the seller a few days more to contact the shipper.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 2
latest reply