cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really, eBay??

I just found this feedback in the profile of a seller I recently bought from:

"BEWARE ! Joe Biden Crook HERE,Ebay had to step in to resolve the situation !!"

Come on, eBay, it's bad enough that we're constantly subjected to the political obsessions of our nutty relatives . Can't we at least keep the feedback free of the madness that has swamped our country during the past four years?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Really, eBay??

@harold_griefbacon,

Freedom of speech is not always used wisely. Unless the seller reports the feedback nothing will be done, and if something is, it will not be because of the political comment. Those of us who are regulars see many profile pages each day, and some of the comments we've seen go from common to the bizarre.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Really, eBay??

@harold_griefbacon,

Freedom of speech is not always used wisely. Unless the seller reports the feedback nothing will be done, and if something is, it will not be because of the political comment. Those of us who are regulars see many profile pages each day, and some of the comments we've seen go from common to the bizarre.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Really, eBay??

Ebay had to step in to resolve the situation

the above comment is usally referred to as one that will not stick for various reasons

the use of the words resolve,situation or case and ebay will usually get feedback removed

there are many reasons that people come up with to get feedback removed

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Really, eBay??

The seller would need to report the comment, and it could be removed since it mentions filing a case.

That said, I would have probably hit the back button. I really don't want to deal with a seller that won't resolve issues on their own.

And that comment is quite mild. I've seen some real doozeys.  There are some truly unhinged folks out there, and they're not afraid to let others know that they're off their rocker.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 4
latest reply