cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a ring

I purchased a ring, I rec the ring, I wore the ring a hand full of times, (only for good not daily) stone fell out of ring and I have no idea when I lost it. Contacted seller with a picture, no response, contacted sell again with a picture, no response. Contacted seller again, seller responded with " Thank you for your prompt communication, please allow us to look over the details you provided and we appreciate you excellent communication. We generally respond within 1-2 business days or less (usually 24 hours). Wishing you a safe and wonderful rest of the weekend."

I sent another message a week later asking for an update. They responded with, "Looking to resource stone separately, will provide options in 1-2 business days."

I sent another message as I had not heard anything for a week. They responded with them wanting to send over a prepaid label to get it rest. I said can you just send me a new ring and I will send the defective ring back, no response for another week and I have not gotten a prepaid label. Now all messages I send are not responded to. I would return the ring to have it reset but again I can not get a response from them. What can I do, what am I doing wrong, how do I get ebay to help???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Purchased a ring

Afraid I'm not quite understanding your issue.  You received the ring and wore it several times.  The stone came out of the setting and you lost it.  Now you want the seller to replace the entire ring.  Is that correct?

While I'm not clear on whether or not the seller has offered any personal guarantee on the ring itself, I don't believe that this would fall under eBay's MBG.  The item arrived and you were confident enough to wear it several times.  If the stone was loose upon receipt of the ring you should not have worn it and immediately filed a NAD return request.

It sounds like the seller is trying to find another stone suitable to replace the one you lost as is having a bit of difficulty finding a match.  Their response of wanting to send a return label seems reasonable.  Unfortunately, your wanting them to send you a new ring before returning the original one does not.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Purchased a ring

Well you can file with your payment method, if you can not file  in the resolution center at the bottom of this page.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Purchased a ring

@donsdetour wrote:

Well you can file with your payment method, if you can not file  in the resolution center at the bottom of this page.

I'm confused as to how this would be a valid reason for a charge back.  The OP admits to having received the ring and wearing it several times.  Unless the seller had offered a guarantee on the workmanship of the ring there is no obligation on the part of the seller.  The ring might have been damaged while being worn which caused the stone to become dislodged.  That would not constitute a reason for a charge back.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Purchased a ring

You didn't say how long you've had the ring and what the sellers return policy states, or whether or not they offered a guarantee.  Without that we can't really make an informed recommendation.

Purchased a ring

Sorry but this sounds like buyer abuse to me. You wore the ring several times

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Purchased a ring

I bought a ring on eBay. It keeps telling me somebody else owns it. Got a wait 15 Days stupid way to do business never do this again ebay yeah right.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Purchased a ring

This thread is 4 years old 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Purchased a ring

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply