cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected deliery by dates changing after purchase

Tiz true. I have seen this mentioned on the boards many times, and just did not understand how it could happen. Every bit of information on a listing is chiseled in stone after the listing has ended. Or so I thought. For a week my purchased item has been in the *tracking number assigned, not in possession of item* holding pen. When I purchased the item the listing said delivery by 2/21-25. Now the ended listing states later delivery dates, into March. This change has happened within the last 24 hours. My order page still has the original "delivered by" dates listed. (Incidentally this is coming from a Southern state, with no weather issues.) Odd thing is, I am still able to open an item -not received- as soon as 2/21. So now by personal account I am able to say that these delivery dates do get changed after the fact, I am still wondering how it is possible, and why it seems to be okay.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The estimated delivery date in your purchase history does not change.

If you look at the dates on the listing, yes it changes.

The date you see on the listing is if you bought the item today.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The estimated delivery date in your purchase history does not change.

If you look at the dates on the listing, yes it changes.

The date you see on the listing is if you bought the item today.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Given the other facts, that would certainly make sense....But why? If the item is sold wouldn't it be a moot point to list information for a ghost sale?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply