cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with EasyShip tracking

Ebay refused to refund my money for an item that I did not receive. Ebay based their decision on ebay tracking showing that it was delivered. As many of us have learned, ebay tracking is neither accurate or reliable. I have had several items that ebay showed "delivered," that arrived days after they were supposedly delivered.
Others have posted online-
It doesn't use regular barcodes and is only scanned by automated machinery at select locations including the destination post office. once its out for delivery, it counts as delivered
They don't get scanned upon delivery, so the delivery date is estimated based on the time they get scanned at the destination post office.
Since the tracking number is proprietary to eBay, USPS won't be able to help with it, so if it doesn't show up you'll have to file a claim through eBay and get a refund.

Buyer beware if the seller is using the EasyShip shipping method!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

March 4th 2023 - The card arrived in today's mail, two weeks after ebay tracking said it was delivered. I am glad to receive the card, but I won't be buying anything that uses the EasyShip method from here on out. The hassle and confusion are not worth it.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ok thank you for the heads up.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Having the exact same issue.  Paid almost $20 for a card that says it was delivered Saturday.  I don't have it and the seller is refusing to do anything.  I pray Ebay refunds the money.  I don't have the card.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@smrosatto,

You should never post an issue you have on someone else's topic, especially if it is over 6 months old.  This one will be locked in a few hours so you may not be able to reply to it.

What you want to do is take a copy of your order details which shows your address and the tracking number to the P.O.  If yo use a phone or tablet to buy with on ebay you can take it with you.  Show that info to the clerk and ask the to compare the address on the shipping label to yours.  If the addresses do not match, ask the clerk to write a note on USPS stationary saying that the label address does not match the address on the order details page. Have the sign and date the note. 

If you file an Item not received (INR) dispute it will be denied at first, because ebay's automated system can only access the tracking info which has a Delivered scan. In the message you receive saying the dispute was closed in favor of the seller is an Appeal button, click on that and in the appeal, you can add a CLEAR photo or a scan of the note.  That would be enough for ebay to reverse the original decision, and authorize a refund.

If the shipping label has the correct address you need to ask the clerk to write a note saying that, and start a lost/missing package claim. Then contact the seller with the claim number and ask them to follow through.  If they do nothing then start the INR process, the note will be needed if the seller does not follow up.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you 😊  Postmaster says she will verify that she did not scan it as delivered.  And now it says 2 different delivery times so something is truly fishy.  One at 10:20 am before the postmaster ever got her mail and again at 4:20 pm after she was already closed for the day.  I do not have the item.  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply