cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem logging into paypal to pay at ebay checkout

When I try to login to the "Paypal browser" that pops up when trying to checkout with Paypal, I get stuck in a 'processing' loop then it kicks me to an error page saying "We're Sorry" and "Things don't appear to be working at the moment".  It's been going on since late last night.  I made a purchase earlier in the night via paypal with no problems.  Anyone else getting this error or know of a fix?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What browser are you using?  I have had issues with Chrome all day on e-bay and am going to just use Edge for now as I do not seem to have any issues with Edge.

Are you using a laptop or a phone?  Sometimes I can get things done on the mobile app when the laptop has issues with e-Bay and is wonky.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's a known issue now, there are lots of other threads about it that I found after posting this one.  I'm actually able to get into paypal to pay but not all my payment options are showing... and the one I want to use is one of the ones not showing.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

When are the little "code writers" going to fix their screwup?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@therogue-trader,

Often the problem is because of a build up of temporary internet files, and cookies which can cause features on some sites not to work.   Clearing the files and cookie cache then restarting your device will often allow you to complete paying.     

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This is not the issue at hand.  It's clearly a systemic issue with the number of threads that popped up the other day.  Besides, I had already tried 5 browsers across two computers and clearing all cookies, history, etc. then trying the 5 browsers again. 

It actually partially cleared up last night.  I was able to login but any paypal-related (paypal credit card or paypal credit (the loan service)) payment method was not showing at all.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

While it might somehow have worked, I tested a couple of accounts that did not have 2FA turned on and they simply had a different error when returned to eBay. The net resutl was still the same.

Turning off 2FA might produce some kind of temporary fix but the workaround I posted on the Paypal community forum will work every time without needing 2FA to be disabled at all.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Payments/eBay-Checkout-with-PayPal-fails-Fix-Workaround/m-p/1860...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hopefully they have sorted this out since April LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 8 of 8
latest reply