cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre sale concern for shipping

I was wondering if I should be concerned about the shipping for this presale. The seller has a 99.8% positive rate out of  938K items sold (33K followers)

Shipping:
Free Standard Shipping. See detailsfor shipping
Located in: Clifton Park, New York, United States
Delivery:
Estimated between Mon, Dec 18 and Tue, Jan 9 to
This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 31 business days.
Returns:
30 days returns. Buyer pays for return shipping. See details- for more information about returns

Earn up to 5x points when you use your eBay Mastercard®. Learn more
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

(Not a critique, just an observation) You recently posted about this presale item and were worried about the return policy (Buyer pays return shipping). You said that conflicted you about the purchase. 

Now you're asking about the shipping ... to answer your question, I don't believe there is anything wrong with the shipping. It's USPS ground advantage for free or $10 for USPS Priority. Do you see something wrong with the shipping?

Are you actually asking about the delayed delivery date? It is presale and wont be delivered until January (your post says Dec-Jan and when I look at the listing it says Jan. So whichever). I mean, that's less of an issue with the shipping, it'll be shipped fairly quickly once it becomes available, its more of an issue of when it becomes available.

I mean... it's presale, I see nothing wrong with it.

The question is, is presale for you? Or is presale not for you. Thats a personal choice.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Have you read the presell policy?

Have a great day
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thank you. I have preordered items before from other stores and know their pros and cons. I am just new to ebay and I wanted a few people's opinions on how the services tend be on ebay and any red flags when it came to "presales." Also, ebay's "presale policy" is  just a little bit more complex than others stores. I have been reading through forums and looking at videos to try to get a clearer understanding.  Based on the information I have gathered,  I think I have came to a decision. Thank you to everyone who responded. I really appreciate it.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I have purchased presales items in the category i buy in without a problem. Good luck

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@boke-74,

"This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 31 business days".

Have you checked the item's  Mfr.'s site to see if the release date is within 30 days of today, or to see if it has been pushed back?  If the release date is more than 30 days from today, as indicated by the extended handling time of 31 days, the item is not even supposed to be listed and an experienced seller should know that.   If the seller is registered in China that is another red flag.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@boke-74,

I was a little quick in entering my last reply.   I opened the links and looked at the seller's feedback profile.  99.8% with 102 negatives in the last 12 months and 194 neutrals in the same time period.  Many for poor packing, some for items not received though tracking had a Delivered scan.

The seller wrote no description of their own, nor added the expected release date.  Its up to you whether or not to buy the item, but I would not.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Pre-sale policies apparently allow listings to be put up if items will be delivered within 40 business days.

It did seem they may not be meeting all the requirements for pre-sale listings as laid out in presale policy, but I saw that as sloppy, not fraudulent ... 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I looked at "See details for shipping"...If this is the seller.... the feedback would tell me to move on...My own opinion.

What if the seller doesn't get this item on a pre sale to you? I would maybe purchase from this seller if seller had items already with "that" feedback....but a pre sale...a hard no to me. Over 100 negatives in a year. Will you be one of those future buyers who will have a problem? Its a big company that sells a lot for sure.

My wife is so picky about new Barbie stuff and she needs to see it and touch it in person for that price.

And if there are any dents in the package she will be complaining about it for a week.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for all the feedback. It was all very helpful.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy,

"Pre-sale policies apparently allow listings to be put up if items will be delivered within 40 business days... It did seem they may not be meeting all the requirements for pre-sale listings as laid out in presale policy, but I saw that as sloppy, not fraudulent".

It was getting very close to the time when a movie I wanted to watch was going to start last night, so I did not dig very deep into the listing.

On seeing the topic this morning, I did do a search of the statue's release date and the ARTFX site shows a November 2023 (no exact date) release. However, the search also returned an Amazon pre-sale ad, that said the release date is Feb. 28, 2024. Another store said the initial release date had been pushed back from Oct. 2023 but no further update. 

That is a problem with some of the foreign based companies like ARTFX, they do a poor job of updating their sites, and notifying retailers, when release dates are pushed back. The seller in this case could be risking some bad feedback if they don't wake up.

The seller in this case may not be fraudulent, but if the Amazon info is correct, and the last ebay estimated delivery date (shown today) is January 10, 2024. That is over 40 business days away, and if the seller tells the pre-sale buyers to wait until 2/28 or longer. Bye,bye MBG protections.

While the seller may have good intentions, they are probably using Pre-sale orders as an indicator of how many to buy for their B&M store, and haven't yet placed an order.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply