cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service illegal transaction

I have any issue with ebay had to file a billing dispute for 4700.00
Ebay Account was hacked and reported the fraudulent transaction the same hour the order was placed. And reported it to boa. Ebay says the fraudulent transaction would be canceled before the item shipped. Well guess what the hacker used my account to buy the item and then uploaded a false tracking number that says delivered to my zip code. I called ups and verified the item was never delivered to my address . Ups will not allow to give you information were the item was delivered for security reasons. I sent boa a 13 page report of emails to eBay phone records and ups documentation where the item shipped from.

Ebay customer service is incompetent liars and said they could not cancel the transaction . The case was found in favor of the hacker who made the account in a 3rd world country and now that account is closed.my credit score is shot due to the bank of america card being over balanced with no provisional credit being applied and said it takes 90 days to investigate
Either way I know I will win the case as I have phone records calling into Ebay and bank of america all the way from the illegal transaction took place that same hour, through when the 4700 was in a pending holding status for entire week. I even reported to Ebay when the hacker uploaded the Ebay false tracking number after the item said delivered and told them the item was not delivered to my address . I mentioned this on my Ebay dispute case and lost. Ebay then told me not to do a credit card dispute then tells me after I lose the case to do one. Hillarious

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@dailydeals1001,

We cannot help you with your hacked account, we can tell you what to do that might help you with your BoA card dispute if you have one open. If you did open one, your ebay protections have been nullified. 

"I called ups and verified the item was never delivered to my address . Ups will not allow to give you information were the item was delivered for security reasons... . I sent boa a 13 page report of emails to eBay phone records and ups documentation where the item shipped from".

It is not only you who cannot access the shipping label address and package information, it is anyone who is not the sender.  Most card providers and ebay will not accept emails from a shipping agency as proof of non delivery or delivery to a different address.  If the item shows up in your purchase history and your address is the one shown on the Order Details page, you can get information from UPS that will help, but you have to do some leg work.

You will have to go to your local UPS store.  You need to bring a copy of your order details page which shows your address and the tracking number with you. If you bought using a phone or tablet, you can bring that to show the clerk the order details.

You want to ask the clerk to check the label address against yours, and also to check the Package type/size weight info to see if was is appropriate for what was bought.  If the info does not match up, you ask the clerk to write a note on Company stationary saying in general that the shipping label's address was not yours, and if applicable that the package type/size/weight was not right for what was bought.  Do not ask for specific address or package info, they cannot give it out.  Have the clerk print their name then sign and date the note and to add the UPS store number and in this case maybe their phone number.   Once you have the note scan it or take a CLEAR photo of it, so you can add it to a bank and/or credit card dispute.

"Ebay Account was hacked and reported the fraudulent transaction the same hour the order was placed".

Was the transaction reported to the bank within an hour, or did you just contact ebay? I would have contacted my card provider/bank right away.

There are a couple of ways an ebay account can get "hacked" the most common one is logging into it from a semi-public wifi connection at a restaurant/coffee shop, hotel or shopping mall. A hacker sets up a mimicked server, and gets info from anyone using it. 

Another is someone using an RFID scanner to get your card information which can happen at gas station pump readers, stand alone ATMs,  and other places with fake readers installed over the card receptacle, or while someone is standing/sitting close to you in a public place who has a portable reader.   In some instances recent transactional information can be gained from a card. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You didn't read my post. I was forced to open a dispute after the fact  ebay failed to investigste

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I work in retail and usually a purchase that high has to be approved by the credit card holder. You cannot just use a credit card as such online with a purchase that high. Usually the owner of the credit card with get a text to approve the sale. So, something doesn't sound right.

And I assume you have another credit card on file for receiving payments from selling on eBay. Bank of America seems to be one of those banks that seems  hard to hook up for payments for sellers.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I work in retail and usually a purchase that high has to be approved by the credit card holder. You cannot just use a credit card as such online with a purchase that high. Usually the owner of the credit card with get a text to approve the sale. So, something doesn't sound right.

And I assume you have another credit card on file for receiving payments from selling on eBay. Bank of America seems to be one of those banks that seems  hard to hook up for payments for sellers.

This isn't true for all credit cards. I've charged as much as $10,000 in one charge without approving the sale.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Was that when you were working for the bank as a VP?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@dailydeals1001 wrote:

I have any issue with ebay had to file a billing dispute for 4700.00
Ebay Account was hacked and reported the fraudulent transaction the same hour the order was placed. And reported it to boa. Ebay says the fraudulent transaction would be canceled before the item shipped. Well guess what the hacker used my account to buy the item and then uploaded a false tracking number that says delivered to my zip code. I called ups and verified the item was never delivered to my address . Ups will not allow to give you information were the item was delivered for security reasons. I sent boa a 13 page report of emails to eBay phone records and ups documentation where the item shipped from.

Ebay customer service is incompetent liars and said they could not cancel the transaction . The case was found in favor of the hacker who made the account in a 3rd world country and now that account is closed.my credit score is shot due to the bank of america card being over balanced with no provisional credit being applied and said it takes 90 days to investigate
Either way I know I will win the case as I have phone records calling into Ebay and bank of america all the way from the illegal transaction took place that same hour, through when the 4700 was in a pending holding status for entire week. I even reported to Ebay when the hacker uploaded the Ebay false tracking number after the item said delivered and told them the item was not delivered to my address . I mentioned this on my Ebay dispute case and lost. Ebay then told me not to do a credit card dispute then tells me after I lose the case to do one. Hillarious

Once you reported the hack to BOA ebay is out of the picture and can not help.

BUT>>>>>

You need to report your ebay account for being hacked.

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account/get-help-hacked-account?id=4196

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Was that when you were working for the bank as a VP?

I'm retired. And that particular card is not from the bank I worked for. Sometimes life has shades of gray, not just "this is what I perceive so nothing else is true" solutions.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Polysemous.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

Are you saying @12345jamesstamps after your retail stint, you are now receiving payouts from eBay on your credit card? If so, do you know how I can receive payouts at my PayPal account, so I can spend with that money?

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I receive payments from a debit card...not credit card.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply