cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Running Late

I am very upset because I ordered an item on December 28th, but have yet to receive it on January 13th. I also cannot get my refund until January 23rd. I opened a case with USPS but it was closed the next day. What should I do about package:

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Package Running Late

@irism83 

" I opened a case with USPS but it was closed the next day. "

Why would you open a case with USPS?  And how would you even do that?

If the date of delivery has passed, you CAN open a case with eBay for "item not received."

What is the estimated date of delivery, according to eBay?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

In the listing, you saw an estimated delivery date.  Has that date passed by at least one day? If so, why not open an item not received case? However, if that date hasn't passed yet, then there is nothing you can do through eBay except wait.  What kind of case can you open with USPS? Have never heard of that.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

Yikes, no tracking for two weeks is pretty ominous.  It's not clear what type of "case" you opened with USPS, since you have to wait 15 days to file an insurance claim for package loss.  Have you tried filing a missing package report?

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

Hi there OP.

I just took a look at your tracking number.

First know that your not the only one having an issue with USPS deliveries. This may have to do with upgrades being done at these facilities.

I thought it was just a situation going on with my packages I paid for, now it seems I'm not the only one since reading up on some of these posts.

I notice your last track was at a distribution center and after that on January 3rd it says nothing else but its ongoing.

This is not the ebay seller's fault . If anything you need to contact your ebay seller and

see if they can work together on this situation.

You may need to be patient if your goal here is just to get what you ordered.

Hopefully you'll get your item some time soon.

Here's wishing you the best in your outcome.

Thank you for your time.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

Most likely it will arrive eventually. It’s a dismal situation for the seller. Sellers are forced to refund, buyer gets package, communication ends. Seller can’t collect insurance from post office since they say it was delivered. USPS is notorious for this. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

Ya. That's what troubles me about this.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

You file an INR through Ebay and let the seller deal with USPS.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

Edit: my refund case has been put on hold yet again:

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

What was the estimated delivery date seen in the listing when you made your purchase?

If that date has passed by at least one day and less than 30 days, you can open an item not received case with eBay.  After opening that case, you wait 3 days for a response  from the seller.

No response and still no package? Return to your case and ask eBay to step in so you can be refunded.

What kind of case did you open with the post office? eBay has no such thing as putting a case on hold.

Please take the time to read eBay's MBG. 

PS:  Now I see that I responded to your post over a week ago.  As far as I can tell, you have not yet told us the estimated delivery date and you have not opened the INR case.  Care to offer an update?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

@irism83 

The tracking info shows your package left Munster, In. literally went about a mile to the Lansing Illinois P.O., then back to Munster, before going to the Chicago distribution center facility, where the tracking has stopped. 

If you only filed a missing package search with the USPS they usually try to search the destination P.O. for the package, since the tracking info shows In Transit to the next facility.   So what you need to do is to file a Lost package search since the item has not been returned to the seller. Ask the phone rep to file the claim with both the Chicago and your your P.O. or regional facility.

Better yet contact your seller, if you have not done that already,  and ask them to file a Lost package claim. Senders who use USPS Ground Advantage get an automatic $100 insurance on the package contents. So they are the one who should be trying to locate the package.  If you have asked the seller to open a claim, and they haven't done anything, then as soon as ebay allows you to, ask them to step in and issue a refund. Then the seller will have to deal with USPS to get a refund for the lost package. 

If you did contact the seller and they didn't respond. I would leave appropriate feedback saying "The package went missing, the seller was contacted and did nothing to try and get it found for 3 weeks".

Do not mention filing a claim with ebay in any way.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

Update: The item finally came in, five weeks later than expected. The label was smudged.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Package Running Late

Just abut any item that you purchase on eBay has an estimated delivery date in the description.

If/when that date is too far in the future to suit your needs, you just hit the back arrow and buy elsewhere.

Once you've committed to the purchase and have paid, all you need to do is sit back and await the arrival of the package.  You don't need to do anything else.  You can't open an item not received case before the last estimated delivery date.  

Please read the MBG to give you a better insight on the process.  

Message 13 of 13
latest reply