cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order 01-11272-32611 paid VAT 60.21 USD

I have ordered and paid for 17 LPs from Japan sent to Denmark. On my invoice from eBay i was charged  VAT USD 60.21 , but now DHL has Stentoft me an invoice asking me to pay VAT again. Can eBay make a refund or inform DHL that VAT is already paid? The last solution Will be best since DHL also charge for handling VAT.

Bent Hove

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Order 01-11272-32611 paid VAT 60.21 USD

@benthove,

This is what eBay says a buyer should do if they are asked to pay VAT again on an order where VAT was already collected by eBay. The buyer's invoice should be available through their purchase history page, or on the order details for the purchase.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/taxes-and-accounting/vat-eu-2021/

FAQs | What if I don't use the IOSS number?

... For transactions where eBay has collected VAT, eBay will issue an invoice to the buyers confirming the VAT amount charged and showing eBay’s IOSS number. If the buyer is asked to pay VAT again on import of the goods into the EU, please inform the buyer to check the invoice and share it with customs. You can also share the order details with the buyer where eBay’s IOSS number and the VAT amount collected by eBay will be visible.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply