cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving seller offers via email

Hi, I used to get email notifications when a seller made an offer on an item I was watching, but I’m not getting them any longer. I happened to login to eBay and noticed there was an offer and no email notification.  Is this how it works now?  I didn’t turn it off; I can’t even find a setting to activate it.  Any help is appreciated , thank you. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I happened to login to eBay and noticed there was an offer and no email notification.

@eirraca 

My Offers received still come with an email, in answer to your question.

When I click on 'Bids/Offers', I see the 'Active' ones with a red banner and see 'Expired' ones with a grey banner.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@eirraca wrote:

Hi, I used to get email notifications when a seller made an offer on an item I was watching, but I’m not getting them any longer. I happened to login to eBay and noticed there was an offer and no email notification.  Is this how it works now?  I didn’t turn it off; I can’t even find a setting to activate it.  Any help is appreciated , thank you. 

Make sure you've checked your email's "trash" or "spam" folders for eBay emails. I have found with my email provider that if I manually send emails from specific companies directly to trash without opening them, my provider will eventually start sending those to "trash" or "spam" automatically.

In case you want to double check your settings (desktop platform instructions):

1.  Go to your "My eBay" page.

2.  Click on "Account."

Capture.PNG

3. Under "Account Preferences," click on "Communication Preferences."

1.PNG

4. From the "Communication Preferences" page, click on "Edit" across from the Buyer/Buying Activity header in order to see the different types of emails you can select to receive (or not receive).

2.PNG

5.  Confirm that you've select to receive "Offers to buyers."

3.PNG

6.  When you're done selecting all the types of emails you want or don't want, make sure you scroll to the bottom of the list and click the "Save" button.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, I didn’t have anything in trash or spam and the box was checked.  I’ll just need to check my watchlist more often!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's not your imagination.  I am seeing the same issue.  I am not receiving offers from Buyers who are interested in my items.  When I look on the Seller Dashboard at Offers, I see several in the Completed section, which are Expired, but I never received the offers, and they are above my minimum amount I set for Offers on the item!  So I would have thought the system would auto-accept the offer.  I have checked my Inbox, Trash, and SPAM folders and do not see any offers for these items.  Very annoying!  And it sounds like this is an issue for other sellers as well.  Ebay needs to fix this problem.  Sellers are losing money, and so is eBay, due to this issue.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have exactly the same issue as others here. All my communication preferences are set correctly and yet I still do not receive emails when a seller sends an offer. When I go to My Messages, there are offers for items I would have bought had I received the email communication. I get an email when an item I'm selling gets an offer, but not for items in my watch list. Very frustrating .

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply