cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting an item you paid for..

Has anyone else had problems with any seller, that after you buy/purchase an item from them, that they never send it out or mail it? It seems that more scammer sellers are more numerous than they used to be on Ebay.  There was a time when after paying for your item, the seller would always send the item out very fast or within a reasonable time period. Now as time has gone by, I find that more and more sellers on here are scammers and will keep your money and won't send the item regardless of how many emails you send asking about the item, and then you have to get Ebay involved in getting your money/refund back. Anyone else have this problem? and what's up with these thief scammers? It's to the point now you can't trust anyone or rarely.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Sellers get sick, have accidents etc. I knew someone who had memory issues and couldn't find things. So don't automatically think the worst. You are a seller yourself. File item not received. If the seller does not provide tracking you will get your money back.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@scuby109,

Are you checking feedback profile pages?  You may be dealing with new sellers or ones who haven't sold in over a year, They may have a fair number of feedback and a 100% rating, but all for buying in the last 12 months.   They have run into the 21-30 hold ebay places on new returning sellers first few payments. Many of them do not know about the hold or how to deal with it. All they know is that on their sold item(s) the payment status is marked as Pending, so they do not think the payment has cleared.  They may also think that messages about shipping are from someone trying to scam them somehow. Some make up excuses, others do not reply.

If you find out a seller is a new returning one, who hasn't shipped, message them and tell them to do a Google search for    "Payments on hold - ebay"  if they do that they'll get the info needed to complete transactions and get the funds released.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The seller has 100% feedback with1 neg. from around a year ago, so there's no reason not to send the item I won. I don't buy anything from a new seller anymore because I always have to get my money back through Ebay, and I dont buy from anyone that hasn't established themselves as a solid seller and prompt mailing. PayPal payments are instant, so I know he got the money right after I paid for the item, and states he mails within 3 business days. I emailed him yesterday and asked if the item had been mailed, and no answer as of yet.  So if there's no reply by today, will get Ebay involved next week and get my money back regardless. Time will tell.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I intend to file next week if the  item doesn't get mailed. I paid for it last Friday, and no tracking number as of yet. Will get Ebay involved if it's not here soon. I've been dealing with Ebay for nearly 25 years now, and sellers seem to be getting more slow and not sending what you paid for, and won't answer emails either. So I have no problem getting Ebay involved in this next week.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

When I pay over 300.00 for an item, I expect the seller to mail the item out within a timely manner. If not, the thing that should be done if you're an honest seller, is to email the buyer and let them know there'll be a delay in mailing it. But people don't do that now, and it makes me wonder about their sincerity and honesty. There are scammers on here for sure because I've dealt with them before over the years, but it seems to be getting worse. But I'll get my money back, so not worried about it.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply