cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Notifications for Offers, etc. on Desktop

Hello,

I have not been receiving notifications on my desktop comptuer. The last it updated was several days ago. Sometimes I get the message "Notifications not Working."  I tried signing out and in again, rebooting the comptuer, but nothing works.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

thanks,

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@jeffrey1866,

We need a bit more information before we can help you.  Are you not receiving notifications on offers you have sent to sellers?  Have you not received special offers from sellers/ebay for items you have looked at or placed in your watch list?

When you make an offer to a seller it may not get a response. Many sellers who use the quick listing tool actually do not want to receive offers, but the option is forced on them, so they do not respond. (all of their items will have Best Offer on them)  Offers have a max of 48 hours to be responded to, so if a seller does not see the offer, or decides to ignore it you will not get a reply. 

The special offers, Ex. (the seller has sent you an offer of 10% off),  are generated by ebay for sellers who have listed things as promoted listings. Not every item is promoted so you will not receive the special offers. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I didn't even know you responded until I went to the community boards again.

The problem was that when I would hover my cursor over the bell on the top right of the screen, the last notification was from five days previous. Any offers sent to me would not show up on the desktop notifications, but I would get it by email.

But...about a day ago, it started working again. I don't know what the problem was. I now see a red number on the bell letting me know how many notifications I have, including offers that sellers are sending.

Hopefully they've found a solution!

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have also stopped getting notifications. I am on PC (windows 10) and when I hover my cursor over the bell it says "Notifications are Not Available at this time" Is this a problem with eBay's website or is there something wrong on my end? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

same not notifications from bell on chrome ok on firefox

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread  if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply