cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No way to accept counter offer

I’m starting a new thread about this because the only other one I found was expired. When I received a counter offer from a seller I click “respond now” and it just takes me to the original item with no option to accept offer. In the last thread someone from eBay said they see the problem and that it’s being looked into. 
well, it’s been a couple of years. How’s it going?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@cylonboy,

Are you opening the counter offer from a message, or by going to the Bids & Offers section on your ebay summary page and clicking on the listing with a counter offer from there?

Do you place items you made offers on in your Cart? If you do, that could be the reason for the redirect without the offer showing.  The Cart can only be used for fixed price items. Listings that are current auctions, or that have open offers on them will not update in the Cart, since they are not fixed price listings until an auction is won, or an Offer accepted. 

You should save items in your Watch list, that are auctions or ones you've made an offer on.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks but none of this helps. The interface seems to behave as if there is no offer on the table at all. 

To answer your question, I’m clicking the “respond now” button from the message sent from the seller marked “counter offer”. 

This link just goes to the original item. 

the counter offer never appears in bids and offers. Yet I keep getting alerts saying “offer about to expire” Very weird and frustrating . 

I finally had to let the offer expire, then make a new offer of the same price as their last counter offer. Took me a week to make an online purchase. I could have driven and picked it up in person. The future is aamaaaaazing 😂

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@cylonboy,

Are you using a portable device and the App, or are you logged in using a computer?

Did this start by you receiving a Special Offer from seller, or did you send a Best Offer that the seller responded to?   

Did you click on a Review Offer button and a pop up window opened with a Make Counter offer option in it?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply