cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neutral & Negative comments all removed for about a year

All sellers that ask eBay to remove these comments get them removed upon request period.  eBay sends me responses such as 'the feedback wasn't within the guidelines' or similar excuses, however that isn't accurate for eBay to make that claim.

When I follow up on eBay with email, they proceed to dance around the issue brought to their attention.  Which eBay department should I contact about this ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay has policy that makes feedback eligible to be automatically removed in some cases.

There's nothing nefarious going on because it's clearly outlined in ebay's published policy that's available online for anyone who's interested to read.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

First of all feedback has guidelines.  If you aren't following the guidelines of the proper feedback procedure, it will be removed.  The one feedback they absolutely can't remove is one that you follow all guidelines, and you can do that by simply stating the fact without any emotions involved.   Example:  "I received the item 4 days late, the item was not as it was described, the item arrived broken into a million pieces, I contacted the seller to resolve the issue and received no response, I am highly dissatisfied."  But if you make false claims, threaten, use profanity, or use any sort of bullying language, it will be removed.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@beyondfirstbase wrote:

All sellers that ask eBay to remove these comments get them removed upon request period.  eBay sends me responses such as 'the feedback wasn't within the guidelines' or similar excuses, however that isn't accurate for eBay to make that claim.

When I follow up on eBay with email, they proceed to dance around the issue brought to their attention.  Which eBay department should I contact about this ?

What are your feedback comments saying? 

Are you complaining about the seller and saying that you had to have ebay resolve the issues? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@beyondfirstbase 

Not "all" negs left are being removed. Within the last year, you negged 6 different sellers and those feedbacks remain on your "feedback left for others." 

And there are many other older feedbacks you left that remain. 

It looks to me that ebay and you aren't a good fit.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

As I mentioned, it has been about a year.

I.E. of feedback removed:

'Seller refused to ship out Playstation system'

This means the seller didn't supply a tracking number after 3 or more weeks and didn't ship out the item...this is the type of feedback eBay has been removing, for about a year.

Which eBay department should I contact about this ?

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Ebay has policy that makes feedback eligible to be automatically removed in some cases.

There's nothing nefarious going on because it's clearly outlined in ebay's published policy that's available online for anyone who's interested to read.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

If someone is selling Playstations and not shipping them that user was probably removed from the site.

Maybe that's why you're not seeing it now.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for pointing this out. I'm aware of eBay's feedback do's and don'ts policy.  I gave one example of feedback that I did leave which was removed.  That feedback isn't in violation of eBay feedback policy.  All of these feedback have been removed, nefarious is not an accurate word to describe this issue, I have however asked the following:

Which eBay department should I contact about this ?

With regards to this:   'Success! This post is now an accepted solution.'   I'm not sure how this happened, however if someone can answer my question, it would be appreciated and to all others responding thanks for your comments.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

My point was there are reasons for removal other than someone saying something inappropriate. That's not the only reason.

That is covered in ebay policy.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@beyondfirstbase 

There is no one and no department to contact. The powers that be have taken action and theirs is the final word. 

If getting your negative feedbacks to ‘stick’ is your goal, you will have to read and understand eBay’s policy on feedback.  
Then you can tweak it just enough to stay within the rules 🙄

Thanks for bringing your dilemma into the light. It is helping many sellers. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply