cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice, seller screwed me

I purchased a rear carbon fiber spoiler for my car carbon auto parts-8 for $600. When it arrived after 3 months the right fin was broken needed to be replaced or repaired

I contacted the seller who gave me a 40% refund and a agreement to send me the right fin and I would repair it myself. I been waiting for 4 months n the seller keeps give me the runaround and it looks like I'm not going to get the replacement so I'm basically out $400 and stuck with a damaged spoiler. My question is bc it took so long to receive that I can't even leave feedback bc you only have 60 days.. I'd there anyway I can get around this or even with the seller?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You had 30 days after receipt to open an item not as described case with eBay.  You could have escalated after 96 hours.  You would have been sent a prepaid return label and eBay would have required the seller to refund you in full after he received the returned item.

Paypal gives you 180 days to open a case.  Your credit card gives you, usually, about that same length of time to open a case.  

ALL eBay buyers should read the Money Back Guarantee, preferably BEFORE they begin buying. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Unfortunately, if it has been over 6 months there is literally nothing you can do now

As @soh.maryl  explained there are time limits 

Sorry this happened to you

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@mrbmw25,

You are well passed the time for leaving feedback, and there is no way around that.   Because it has been at least 7 months you are also past the time for PayPal or your card provider to get you the rest of your refund.  You never should have agreed to the partial refund and replacement part.  You should have filed a not as described dispute and made the seller take back the spoiler and give you a full refund.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.  I have had similar experiences in the past, and Ebay did nothing to support me.  On the other hand, Amazon has never let me down.  If ever a problem has occurred, it has been resolved immediately.  I will never buy anything on Ebay again.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Remember the old adage, "You get what you pay for."  Junk from China may cost less, but obviously there's a reason for that.  Poor quality and poor service.  

Sorry this happened to you, but think of it as tuition for buyer school.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

The quality was good carbon fiber, the packaging took a good hit and broke the wing off

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

imho you did it too yourself
ignored all protections eBay afforded you as well as PP and/or CC consumer protection.
I would think after 17 years on eBay at time of your purchase you would have read MBG (Money Back Guarantee) and known timeline for filing INR (Item Not Received)

The Real Me  
Everything comes to s/he who waits.. Unless tracking shows >Delivered
→ eBay Buying practices policy ↔ PayPal What is Buyer Abuse?
'Lo barato sale caro'. The cheap comes out expensive ~ Judge Milian
BOGO
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@bitteroldman wrote:

I would think after 17 years on eBay at time of your purchase you would have read MBG (Money Back Guarantee) and known timeline for filing INR (Item Not Received)

@bitteroldman  / @mrbmw25 

Accepting a replacement in a ‘Item not as described’ situation doesn’t turn it into an ‘Item not received’ case.  

This never was an INR situation … something you’d think someone on eBay for 21 years probably should know.  😏🙃😃

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

OP stated it was 3 months before receiving the order in first place.. than found it broken.
I've ordered many electronics from China.. Most arrived within 6 to 15 days..
By day 28, which has happened once, I'm primed to file INR due to my years on ePay.

The Real Me  
Everything comes to s/he who waits.. Unless tracking shows >Delivered
→ eBay Buying practices policy ↔ PayPal What is Buyer Abuse?
'Lo barato sale caro'. The cheap comes out expensive ~ Judge Milian
BOGO
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.  I have had similar experiences in the past, and Ebay did nothing to support me.  On the other hand, Amazon has never let me down.  If ever a problem has occurred, it has been resolved immediately.  I will never buy anything on Ebay again.

Ha just the opposite for me; ebay has never let me down (when I followed the MBG as directed) whereas getting a refund from a scam Amazon'er was like pulling teeth.  What's more, that seller's horrible 30-something percent feedback was hidden from the item page (only showed the ITEM's feedback), but once I found that out and saw their seller feedback, all the negative comments were about the same scammy thing they pulled on me ......and yet they got to KEEP selling there, which Ebay would never do.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply