cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2 headset not as described.

I recently bought a Meta Quest 2 headset which the seller described as being marked and scuffed on the headset itself but I found that even the controllers were marked and scuffed and the strap was in worse condition than the photos appeared to make it and all had to be deep cleaned which was a bit disgusting tbh. However they never mentioned scratched lenses and after taking off the lens protector, they have scratches and the right side has 2 scratches which I was hoping would be completely fine but it definitely affects the vision unless you look straight ahead or up when using the headset but if you look down it is so blurry that it makes it difficult to see clearly but only when looking down in games etc. I wouldn't mind if this had been stated in the listing but it wasn't and when it comes to this kind of money I was hesitant to bother doing anything. However it's a lot of money especially for me at the moment and it was meant to be as a surprise for the whole family so it has annoyed me quite a bit. The only problem is that they are hard to see and I'm worried that the seller might not accept responsibility for the condition. I have messaged them but I'm probably going to get eBay involved if this doesn't get resolved with the buyer through messages. I'm just wondering if this is the right way to go about it? Sorry if this sounds stupid.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not stupid at all. EBay's Money Back Guarantee forces the seller to accept responsibility. Just go to the item in your purchase history, click Return, and select that the item was not as described to open a case. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I definitely will. I will wait for the seller to reply but it just annoyed me that they didn't mention it but I guess you always get at least one who does it. Thank you for your fast response.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I would open the case now. Ebay gives the seller a chance to send the return label after the case is opened. If they do so there are no repercussions from eBay. If they don't do so within three business days you'll need to go back to the case and ask eBay to step in. At that point eBay will send you the return label.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply