cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging with "Authenticity Gaurantee"

I've been an eBay consumer for so many years and purchasing sneakers was definitely one of my top favorite things to do on eBay, however ever since they restricted messaging between buyers and sellers for items that need to be authenticated the buying experience is horrible. I don't care what the reasoning is behind this policy, since when is restricting communication between consumers a good business practice? Perfect example, I purchased a pair of sneakers on the 15th of this month, it's is now the 25th and the sneakers haven't even shipped to the authenticator yet. Granted the sneakers are not supposed to arrive to me until the 2nd of next month but being that they haven't even left the seller yet, they may not make it to me by the 2nd. Instead of being able to communicate with the seller, to ask for a simple update, I have to just accept that a tracking number has been generated and uploaded to eBay, which means nothing if the item hasn't actually shipped yet. Now, if there is a problem with the sneakers that the seller could have told me about, I have to wait until the 2nd of next month just to be able to bring the issue to eBay. At that point, if the sneakers are not going to be shipped to me, almost 3 weeks have passed and finding those sneakers in that same size for a similar price will almost be impossible. Are not enough people voicing their displeasure with the no communication policy on "Authenticity Gaurantee" sales or is eBay just ignoring our complaints?

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0