cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KN95 mask.

eBay,  Why are you allowing price gouging? People are selling masks 5x-20x the amount.  

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

KN95 mask.

There are literally at least a hundred posts now about the exact same thing...
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

There are several threads going on this subject with the answers you seek.  Ebay is working actively on this stuff, come join some of the other threads on the subject.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

Hi, eBay has banned those items from the platform. They are taking them down as fast as they can. It is reprehensible that folks would price gouge at a time like this. When this is all over, those sellers may find themselves booted off eBay for good.

When you see one of these listings, you can report it directly to eBay. Using the Report This Item link in each listing, the page it takes you to next will have a series of offenses to choose from. Ebay asks for the reports to be made under Prohibited and Restricted Items. Then below that select the choice for Illegal Items and Encouraging Illegal Activity. Then below that choose Other Illegal Activity Concerns. Then click on Submit, and that will send the report to eBay.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

The OP must think that Ebay has thousands of home workers and workers that can monitors its stores and sellers....not true. It relies on bots a lot, but not humans so much. You have to report it and wait for someone to review it.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

Report listings using the "Report item" link found in the listing on the right side of the page.

When reporting the listing, select these options:
1. Prohibited and restricted items
2.Price gouging
3 Medical supplies

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

@peachesnc wrote:

eBay,  Why are you allowing price gouging? People are selling masks 5x-20x the amount.  

This is a peer-to-peer community discussion board. When you post a thread on these discussion boards, you are not addressing "eBay," you are addressing buyers and sellers, just like you. 

If you have a concern you'd like to address to eBay, you may contact customer service. It's my understanding they are not currently accepting telephone calls, but the can be contacted via email, Facebook or Twitter.

If you find listings that you feel violate eBay's current policies, you may report each listing individually by clicking on the "Report item" link to the far right of the "Description" and "Shipping and payments" tabs.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

they do allowed some people who on the " white list" sell the mask 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

Seller: zydistro   selling KN95 mask for weeks ebay doesn't removed. and others can't even stand on ebay even 5 min. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW THAT HAPPEN? WHO CAN BE "WHITE LIST"??

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

I'm not sure that it can be said that eBay is allowing someone to break the law and engage in price gouging.  That would be like saying that the police that didn't catch you speeding was allowing you to break the law because they haven't caught you yet.

If I'm not mistaken, eBay has prohibited these masks from being listed as an attempt to fight price gouging.  If the seller somehow gets the item listed and listed at a price that would be deemed price gouging they would be violating eBay policy and the laws of the states against price gouging.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

I've seen that too, $4500 for 1000 masks.  I've reported it 2 weeks ago but eBay has done zip.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

But that's only $4.50 per mask, and not really overpriced compared to most sellers
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

Indeed. That's a very good price nowadays. A lot of Chinese suppliers at offering masks at around that price, at cost!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

@cocoa-pooky wrote:
But that's only $4.50 per mask, and not really overpriced compared to most sellers

@cocoa-pooky 

You are confusing two different issues.  One is price gouging and the other is that Ebay banned these items on March 5th.  Ebay has banned these items no matter what price the seller puts on the items.  So you are absolutely correct, listings are and have been removed that did have appropriate pricing.

Ebay's site, Ebay's rules.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

KN95 mask.

I made a purchase for a large amount of KN95 respirators as well as face masks that was duplicated by someone else in the company. Can I sell what I have, that is not needed, via eBay but not price gouge? People would like these masks. I've been selling on eBay for 20 years and have always been fair and reputable, whether selling my personal items or selling for profit. What is the thought of the eBay community. Thank you, Abe
Message 15 of 16
latest reply