cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item still came after refund

I ordered some items from this seller and after 3 weeks of the item not being shipped I got a refund from eBay. However, after I got the refund, the items ended up being delivered a week later. I tried contacting the seller in order to try to return the item or pay for it and got no response after a week. What should I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You don't have to do anything. You can keep the item. Or, if it was sent USPS and you haven't opened it yet, you can mark it 'refused - return to sender' and give it to your mail carrier. Up to you.

It's possible the seller added you to their blocked list after filing the non-receipt claim. If they did that they will not get any of your messages and they probably don't even know that due to some changes eBay made last year. (FYI kyle@ebay )

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@gr_635272,

Wasn't there a return address on the package you received, that you could use to return the items?  You may have to return them at your own cost, but you were refunded the original shipping cost by ebay.

Did you file an item not received dispute to get the refund? Did you check it to see if the seller responded?

The transaction should be in your purchase history and if there is an active feedback button you might consider leaving a positive feedback comment saying you received the items after being refunded and would like to return them or repay them and hope the seller will contact you.

Considering the time frame you mentioned, I have to ask if you checked the seller's feedback profile?  If you did not, you can open the listing from your purchase history,  scroll down the page to near the bottom of the page where you see the seller's username in a large font below that will be a few feedback comments then an oval with See all feedback in it.

Click on that to see their profile page, then click on the As a seller tab, to see only feedback they received as a seller. If they have not received any, or none in over a year, chances are the seller ran into eBay's 21 day hold placed on all new or returning seller's first few payments and did no know how to deal with it. On their account, they saw your payment's status marked as pending, and did not think the funds had cleared and that is why they did not ship the items.

In the future no matter what a seller's feedback percentage is, you should check their feedback profile. They could have a a fair number of feedback and a 100% rating, but all for buying not selling. That is just one reason to always check each seller's feedback profile before buying from one.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Nothing - if the seller wants the items returned, he would have responded to you.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply