cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item not received, no answer to email, no tracing information

I purchased an item on June 18, 2020.  The buyer has not answered numerous emails, has not provided tracking, and there appears to by no way to contact ebay.  Where do I go from here?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Try being patient. MANY people take weekends off
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

As another shared, be patient. What does it show in the listing as to their handling time? Some have extended their handling time due to the pandemic and not ever seller works seven days a week. In addition, a seller is not required to respond to emails.

Should you not receive this, you will be covered under ebay's money back guarantee.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@dwalkercat1 wrote:

I purchased an item on June 18, 2020.  The buyer has not answered numerous emails, has not provided tracking, and there appears to by no way to contact ebay.  Where do I go from here?

Considering that today is only the second business day since you made the purchase I believe you are showing a bit of impatience. 

Being a seller yourself, I'm sure that you are aware that sellers aren't required to furnish tracking numbers or respond to buyers. 

With regard to contacting eBay, might I suggest that you try clicking the "Help & Contact" link at the bottom of these pages or try contacting them through social media such as Facebook. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If I failed to provide tracking numbers, as essentially required by ebay policy, or failed to communicate with my customers in a timely and informative manner, I would receive so many defects that my lifespan with ebay would be brief.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dwalkercat1 wrote:

If I failed to provide tracking numbers, as essentially required by ebay policy, or failed to communicate with my customers in a timely and informative manner, I would receive so many defects that my lifespan with ebay would be brief.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

@dwalkercat1,

Providing tracking numbers and responding to questions are not ebay requirements. Therefore, you would not receive defects for not taking either action. Tracking numbers protect sellers from false item not received disputes, while being a convenience for buyers, but are not required.  Responding to messages is a smart thing for a seller to do, but it is also not a requirement.

All that you need to worry about is the seller meeting their last estimated delivery date. eBay will not allow you to open a dispute until it has passed.  If the seller is located in China and/or is a very high volume one, it is not unusual for them to not respond quickly or at all to messages.  Did you check the sller's feedback profile page before buying, and click on the numbers of non-positive feedback they've recieved if any to read only those comments?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

The seller is in the USA and has no negatives.  I really did not come here to read supposedly clever quotes but if that's how you solve problems, God help America.

Obviously, this venue is a waste of your time and mine.  Please do not bother to respond as I have neither the time no interest to continue with this **bleep**.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@dwalkercat1 wrote:

Please provide a link to the eBay policy requiring sellers to furnish tracking to buyers and require them to communicate with buyers?

As Far as I'm aware, sellers are not required to even ship with tracking although they could end up losing an INR dispute if the ship without it.  Even with tracking sellers are only required to furnish the number to the resolution center and not the buyer if a INR dispute is opened.

While I agree that buyer/seller communications is a good thing, eBay has for some time now discouraged it.  The reason for them doing that, I believe, is paranoia.  They seem to fear that if buyers and sellers are permitted to openly communicate as they were in the beginning, they would end up arranging off-eBay transactions.  That, of course, may or may not be a valid concern.  Naturally, not being privy to eBay's inner circle, that is only my opinion.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Open an INR one day past the estimated delivery date if you haven't received your item. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply