cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item cancelled - seller claims it was my address

I just had an item cancelled as it was out of stock and was told this in a message from the seller. Disappointed but not a really big deal. My problem is that they chose "something is wrong with the buyer's address"  as the reason for cancelling. Now this makes me angry. Will probably give them a negative. My question is will this reason that they chose affect my account in anyway? Same address for 20+ years! This account is my original and oldest account and I both buy and sell on it.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@monty1964 wrote:

I just had an item cancelled as it was out of stock and was told this in a message from the seller. Disappointed but not a really big deal. My problem is that they chose "something is wrong with the buyer's address"  as the reason for cancelling. Now this makes me angry. Will probably give them a negative. My question is will this reason that they chose affect my account in anyway? Same address for 20+ years! This account is my original and oldest account and I both buy and sell on it.  Thank you.

This does not affect your account. The seller picked that option to avoid getting a defect on their account. You can report them to eBay for violating policy here:

Report an issue with a seller | eBay

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@monty1964 wrote:

This does not affect your account. The seller picked that option to avoid getting a defect on their account. You can report them to eBay for violating policy here:

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@mega-ma-roo wrote:

@monty1964 wrote:

Perfect reply. That's exactly what they are doing and need to be reported.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It will not affect you at all, other than not getting whatever you wanted and ordered.

Make sure you report that seller for using that reason for a cancel, and feel free to leave appropriate feedback.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thank you all. 

I greatly appreciate the help!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply