cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a new Scam trend on Ebay?

I've had a recent purchase from a seller and they listed the item and all was well, and they provided the tracking. however, i received a weird message stating  that the item may have been sent to the wrong address. so i investigated and I never received the item. Seller said they would resend another item but they never sent the other item at all. The tracking from international has stated delivered however, i never received the item. I filed a case of course and stated that I never received the item. So I dub a bit deeper. And most cases end up on the sellers side if it states delivered, however, looking at the most recent feedback, and i've never contacted anyone else on ebay about it, all of a sudden, they say the exact same thing for the exact same product where they say they never received the item and another detail that the seller told them it may have been sent to the wrong address. I immediately raised a red flag and filed a case and stated until I get the item then i'll close the case. But I hope ebay does not side with the seller because basically the seller is listing fake items they choose not to ship, and use an international shipping service that they may have access to and when looking at the tracking, it states it is delivered, when in reality, other buyers have experienced the same exact thing. there is no way another buyer states the same exact thing on the feedback just like me, and not be a scam or something fishy. 

Also I'm giving the community a heads up on this seller and report this seller as a fake seller. of course... from China. So avoid this seller and look at their feedback. Look at mine. there is something really wrong with all their listings. 

but biggest thing is, is this a new scam tactic and is ebay aware of it?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@thejerseyguy6786 

It is nothing new.  It has been going on for years.  Please see message #2 in a fellow victim's thread here: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Ebay-Keeps-removing-negative-feedback-for-scam-sellers/m-p/3405...

A simple search for "fake tracking scam" (sort by date to see the latest) on these forums  will keep you in reading material for months....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"of course... from China."

@thejerseyguy6786 

If you'd started with that, I'd have quit reading. It's not a new scam tactic... it's a working scam tactic. Avoid it.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Avoid this guy (gargas - part) but put no spaces. Look at the recent feedback

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I always look at feedback...and where item is coming from...and the weight and size of the item before purchase.

Funny how a moderator took out the name of seller...no name shaming...but can still find it in feedback.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

An update but there were many more victims and they all started stating the same thing. Not sure what happened but I think ebay shut them down. The seller no longer has any items for sale. They stated the original tracking had the wrong address. So they provided another tracking from FedEx. And we'll thank God FedEx actually did their job taking a picture of the delivery and turns out it isn't even the right item nor the right house.  Ebay sided with the seller initially because the tracking stated delivered. I appealed the case as probably many other buyers but the picture provided by the FedEx tracking the seller provided wasn't even my house. So they asked the seller to provide valid proof of delivery and of course they couldn't. So thankfully, I was finally refunded for my item and I hope everyone else was. Ebay has to do a better job though with cases like this. The fact that ebay sided with the scammer initially shows how flawed ebay is and who knows how many times they aided a scammer in the process. If it wasn't for that picture from FedEx, who knows if I would have received a refund. It was the same town as me, and they were banking on ebay looking at the tracking again and seeing yes it was delivered to the same town or city so looks like you did get it. And the seller looked stupid once they couldn't provide proof. I think America is by far more well off. If people have to scam to make money, just shows you the economic status of that country. Ebay... Do Better!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The feedback was great and they were even a top rated seller. So maybe the original account was hacked but I always look at feedback. They had like 98.7% Positive feedback and the negative feedback was about a car part that didn't fit. I guess they just recently started scamming people but it was someone who definitely was a professional at it providing tracking numbers and knowing that eBay would side with them just showing delivered and ebay did. But digging deeper scammer couldn't keep up with the info. And they can't scam anyone else now. No longer have items for sale and check their feedback. I provided the sellers name because no one on ebay should experience that. Their feedback just kept getting negative feedback of people stating the exact same scenario. Ebay needs to do way better and consider all aspects not just tracking. Maybe they are new to scams now days. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply