cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is seller trying to scam me?

I won an expensive item from a seller. After winning and paying it I noticed that the seller is having a negative rate for the same item - someone bought it, but the seller didn't ship it and the previous buyer had to open a claim. I asked the seller about this but he said that everything is ok and he will ship the item. 10 days passed during which I contacted the seller several time - at first he was replying to me, but than he stopped. Two days ago I was just about to contact eBay about this when the seller added a DHL tracking number. When I track it it says that it was electronically created, but the item was still not phisically dropped at DHL. What should I do? Should I wait a bit more or I should directly open a claim? I have some doubts that even if he ships something it might be a different item. In case I receive a packages hould I take a video how I'm opening it as a proof of what was sent? Is eBay support having under consideration such videos? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can open an item not received case on the day after the last estimated delivery date. Go to the item in your purchase history and select 'I didn't receive it' under More actions. 

No, eBay doesn't accept video evidence, as it can be too easily faked. But it's really not needed. If you receive something other than what was listed open a Return case, citing 'item was not as described' as the reason.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

That's my policy now.  If seller is unresponsive and  tracking doesn't look like it is on its way, just click 'item not received' anytime after the latest expected delivery day. 

That will get the seller's attention or at least start a countdown clock to when you will get your item or get your money back.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply