cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITEMS FROM CHINA that take too LONG and May go to wrong ZIP

I have been waiting for an item since 05/26 and when I look at tracing, it came to ORLANDO, FL and then to Port Richey, (where I live) and NOW it shows that it went to Gainesville, FL??  This is way NORTH of me, WHY?  I am unable to contact Seller who is NOT accepting?  eBay HELP to report a problem like we were able in the past (file a claim), no longer works?  I am being run around in circles and ALL I want is a simple answer.  Some relevant help.  This should NOT happen and the Seller is allowed to continue to abuse their privilege of selling here and I want to know why?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@melba8839-5,

Have you contacted the USPS customer service to open a case with them? Use their contact phone number. When you call them, you can also ask if the label was address is yours.  Leaving a negative for what seems to be a USPS issue isn't fair to the seller, even if they don't have a great feedback percentage.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@melba8839-5 wrote:

I am being run around in circles and ALL I want is a simple answer. 

The only answer you need @melba8839-5 is the last estimated delivery date.

The USPS is in charge of the show here in the US, and it is them running your item in circles; the seller has no idea, and you're wasting your time asking them. If you haven't received your item by the next day, start an Item Not Received refund request.

Then after 3 business days, come back to ask eBay to step in, to get your refund. If your item finally arrives, and it is as described, you can still repay your seller.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

This is typical. Last year a package got 17 or 18 scans in FL  passing my city back and forth going around in circles for two weeks.

Today I received a letter mailed from Madison FL postmarked  in Tallahassee in April and put in my post office box today. There's no tracking but it took 2-1/2 months to go to an address within the same state. Does anyone have any idea how much money those fat rats get paid to deliver the mail? It's pathetic.

It's happening everywhere.

They pay the trash men here $24 an hr but they work overtime because they don't have enough of them so they make $97,000 a year. They can't set the cans back upright. They leave them turned over in the middle of the driveway instead of by the driveway. On the way to the dump there's trash blowing out of the truck and strewn all over the highway  because they leave the tarp open. Incompetence!  

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Your seller has absolutely no control over USPS, so please don't blame them. They aren't abusing anything. I mailed a package to an address in the next city over from me, a distance of about 45 miles. It was routed through Puerto Rico and took three weeks to arrive. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@melba8839-5,

Have you contacted the USPS customer service to open a case with them? Use their contact phone number. When you call them, you can also ask if the label was address is yours.  Leaving a negative for what seems to be a USPS issue isn't fair to the seller, even if they don't have a great feedback percentage.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I tried that.  It tells me item is still in route.  I want to see the ship label.  This happened once before and an OLD ship Label, sent to FL but to someone else was given to ebay as MY address.  I mean it WAS in Port Richey, where I live.  Why it would be boing to Gainesville, over 100 miles NORTH of my home makes NO sense.  I appreciate your response, but WHY can't I communicate with Seller?  The HELP option at top of the page, only takes me in circles of "how to" and other...it is just "frustrating".  eBay does NOT  function like it did when PayPal was involved.  TY for your time to try to help me.  I have already tried these options.  We'll see IF it finally arrives.  But the SELLER needs to accept questions.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

TY, you are entirely RIGHT.  I was hoping that IF I left my problem as feedback, perhaps the Seller would contact me?  I can always remove the feedback.  I will contact USPS, TY for this response.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

If May 26th was the estimated delivery date, you had 30 days to open an INR case with eBay.

Unfortunately, you have blown through that deadline.

You can open a case with Paypal if that's how you paid, or, last resort, a charge back o your credit card.

BTW, some "relevant help" was available to you  per the Money Back Guarantee".  Have you read it? 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Don't understand:  The negative you left appears to have been for an item that's not as described, not for an item not received.  Did you not consider opening an item not described case?

Also, you replied to a reply that was meant for another person.  It's not a crime, but could be confusing for some of us.  

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

As a seller yourself you know that sellers aren't required to communicate with buyers under eBay rules.  You should also know that feedback is not meant as a means of communications between the buyer and seller as you have admitted to be using it for.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

The item finally did arrive and when I wanted to FIX the feedback I left the Seller had blocked me.  This item took over 60 days to my home.  I appreciate your comments and you are 100% right

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

You know, the case thing did NOT work as the items was reportedly still en route?  Anyway, TY for the info the item finally did arrive.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

You know what, IF I HAD BEEN ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THIS SELLER IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT.  GO AHEAD AND TRY AND ASK THEM A QUESTION.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@melba8839-5 wrote:

You know what, IF I HAD BEEN ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THIS SELLER IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT.  GO AHEAD AND TRY AND ASK THEM A QUESTION.  

What would the seller have been able to tell you beyond "it's been shipped and I have no control over how the carrier routes it"?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Exactly right.  Wow, some really pompous people here.  My gosh...I apologize for not having your knowledge or faith.  I should know this and I should know that?

If you cannot be helpful, you do NOT belong here.  

I'm just an ignortant old 79 y.o. woman who probably should just give this site up.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply