cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think my seller is dead

Seller last posted to sell on May 20th last item shipped sold May 19th.  35 buyers after that two feedback with comments of no communication and no tracking.  People are still buying from his store. I really want the item he has listed I  bought it but have had no communication before or after sale.  I am hoping that ebay will give me phone number as I found out you can't get it now from advance search.  I hoping I can get it shipped. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Call Ebay CS and ask them to contact the seller? Just had a recent experience myself with seller who uploaded bogus tracking # on a media mail package, when the item did not arrive on time i opened a not received case and checked the sellers account (unable to reach the seller)to find out there were 53 bad feedback reports in the last month alone ! Ebay closed the account immediately and refunded .

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

that happened to my wife many years ago. she brought a signed book from a seller with great feedback. But right after that the feedback just went downhill fast. She never got the book but was refunded all but $20.00 or  $25.00( that is how it worked years ago).

found out a few months later on the board from someone that knew him that he was in fact killed in a car accident on his way to a book signing 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Don't be quick to rule out the existence of other possible reasons for example, hospitalization, incarceration, etc. Smiley Sad

Good luck in your search

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You've probably already lost out on eBay's buyer protection Money Back Guarantee, which requires you to file within 30 days of the last estimated delivery date if you don't receive a purchase. I imagine it's past 30 days?

You can file the "Item Not Received" claim in PayPal, which gives you 180 days from the date of purchase to file. I would do that now. This seller is probably not going to resurface and start mailing out packages. If you ever do receive the package, you can always pay the seller again (through PayPal).

https://www.paypal.com/disputes/
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I sometimes think that could happen. I know a lot of sellers that are not only old but we have many medical problems, too. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sigh. The obvious explanation is being overlooked. Smiley Tongue

alien-abduction1_400x400.jpg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Call Ebay CS and ask them to contact the seller? Just had a recent experience myself with seller who uploaded bogus tracking # on a media mail package, when the item did not arrive on time i opened a not received case and checked the sellers account (unable to reach the seller)to find out there were 53 bad feedback reports in the last month alone ! Ebay closed the account immediately and refunded .
Message 7 of 7
latest reply