cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I fill in purchase information if the offer is accepted - not before. Ebay, Please Fix.

Why fill in shipping address, payment type, delivery time etc. before purchase, if the seller does not accept offer? Waste of time. Ebay, please fix.

This is a no-reply post. OP does not monitor post. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I fill in purchase information if the offer is accepted - not before. Ebay, Please Fix.

There's nothing to fix.

Sellers are tired of buyers bidding and winning or making offers, then not paying.

If you don't like it, not much can do but not make offers.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I see you have 27500 feedback, so clearly you're not new. I just ran into this problem because only starting yesterday or the day before did I begin to face this problem. Irked the heck out of me too. I think it should be applied to those that have had non paid cases. My thoughts are, eBay allows us to block buyers with a # of unpaid items in a period of time. Why not just force buyers with a track record of not paying do this. If youve never not paid, then you shouldnt be subjected to this. 😮💨

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

eBay isn’t going to fix what isn’t broken. The seller has their buyer requirement’s set for buyers to submit their payment method prior to making an offer. If you have an issue with that find a seller that doesn’t require it. Or ask the seller to put you on their exemption list, they may or may not consider it. 
You're a seller you should know this already. 

Why bother posting if you claim you don’t monitor the posts?
If you don’t monitor it, how would you know that there’s a solution.  

I’m guessing you’re lurking anyway. Just to see how many replies you get. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

It ensures the seller knows how much shipping will cost, which matters. The only buyer I could think of who would post this is a non-paying buyer.

As a seller, I'm happy for the reminder to go check my settings.

I'll seriously consider ANY offer, but don't want to net out of pocket because of surprise shipping costs. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Clearly because you completely ignored an on going thread about the same topic. I provided an image in mine to explain.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Ebay-requesting-payment-method-when-submitting-an-offer/td-p/33...

@jgrit wrote:

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

1. You're not addressing eBay when you post here.

2. It sounded like you were requesting help, so why tell people not to reply? 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@buy2-sell1 wrote:

It ensures the seller knows how much shipping will cost, which matters. The only buyer I could think of who would post this is a non-paying buyer.

I'll seriously consider ANY offer, but don't want to net out of pocket because of surprise shipping costs. 

Or, if could be a buyer who likes to buy multiple items from one seller without paying multiple shipping fees. 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

😂

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

It is very difficult to take you seriously, considering every post you have ever made ends with ''This is a no-reply post. OP does not monitor post. ''

I am sure you think you are much more important than the rest of us and just don't have the time  to check back 😂

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

The annoying thing is ebay requires you to subcribe to your own topics manually, I didn't learn this for years. LOL 
@downunder-61 wrote:

It is very difficult to take you seriously, considering every post you have ever made ends with ''This is a no-reply post. OP does not monitor post. ''

I am sure you think you are much more important than the rest of us and just don't have the time  to check back 😂

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@buy2-sell1 wrote:

I've never given this any serious thought ... but doesn't every normal offer have the buyers location at the bottom of the offer? Are you saying the pre-authorized payment provides you the exact shipping cost when you receive the offer? Or it tells you their location? If I'm right and the regular (non-preauthorized) offers already do exactly this (show you buyers location), then there is no difference and theoretically you should be able to know shipping cost if you do a quick search or calculation.

I just don't see what you see in how this pre-authorized payment helps you know the exact shipping cost in any way other than normal offers do.

Lastly, I personally believe you're doing something wrong if you're potentially faced with "surprise" shipping costs. Only thing I can think of where this could reasonably apply is you are invoicing buyers for flat rate shipping based on one location and they end up changing ship to address prior to payment...?

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy wrote:

@buy2-sell1 wrote:

I've never given this any serious thought ... but doesn't every normal offer have the buyers location at the bottom of the offer? Are you saying the pre-authorized payment provides you the exact shipping cost when you receive the offer? Or it tells you their location? If I'm right and the regular (non-preauthorized) offers already do exactly this (show you buyers location), then there is no difference and theoretically you should be able to know shipping cost if you do a quick search or calculation.

I just don't see what you see in how this pre-authorized payment helps you know the exact shipping cost in any way other than normal offers do.

Lastly, I personally believe you're doing something wrong if you're potentially faced with "surprise" shipping costs. Only thing I can think of where this could reasonably apply is you are invoicing buyers for flat rate shipping based on one location and they end up changing ship to address prior to payment...?

If the seller has "free shipping" the costs to ship can vary based on the buyers location.  I would take lower offers from buyers closer to me.  However the buyers location you see in an offer isn't always the one a buyer uses to pay with.  So if you accept a lower offer based on that then they use a much further address at checkout it kind of sucks.  I can only guess this is what this person was talking about as well.  With the payment authorization before hand they would have to pick the address to ship to which would help with being assured that is the place it will be shipped. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@jgrit wrote:

Why fill in shipping address, payment type, delivery time etc. before purchase, if the seller does not accept offer? Waste of time. Ebay, please fix.

This whole post is a waste of time lol

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Yes, I fully understand that, but does it actually do this?

I've received pre-paid or pre-authorized offers, and regular offers. First, does it actually do as you are suggesting?Does it show the seller the ship-to zip code? The regular offers show buyers location / default ship-to. However, when you enter payment/shipping info it even says it won't provide that info to seller unless seller accepts offer. Of course they aren't providing seller payment info (CC #) and of course seller isnt given address unless offer accepted, but does EBay actually show the seller the new ship-to zip code within the offer prior to acceptance? Or does it maintain the default location as in regular offers? THAT is an interesting question to be asked... Second, whether it shows updated ship to or default, how significant of an issue is this really & how many buyers are actually shipping to much further locations than their default address? I ship to a number of addresses, most within 5 miles, maybe as much as 40 miles away on a rare occasion. How many are shipping to addresses far enough away from default to make any difference at all let alone a significant one?

For me, this is all an interesting avenue of discussion but has no bearing. I live in the MidWest and either ship under 1lb ground advantage (so shipping varies maybe 30 cents based on location) or I ship flat rate Priority (Envelopes or Med Box). My shipping differences are so insignificant and I do free shipping, it's all baked into my costs, I don't notice the difference honestly.... (ok... i do get happy when i ship nearby and pay $3.59 instead of $3.99 or something LOL... the penny pincher in me gets pleased)

I understand if you're shipping larger heavier parcels it makes a difference. At which point though... i question the use of free shipping if one is truly concerned about the actual shipping costs when it can vary significantly, but thats another conversation.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply