cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought an console and I haven’t received any updates

I have asked them today but I’m going to wait for a reply but I made an offer they accepted after my questions about said console it’s been paid but all it said was payment received I ordered on Saturday was told it would be sent out Monday and it's Tuesday yes I know it’s been one day but I’m worried because it’s a new seller I checked it out carefully as usually but I just want to make sure I can get refunded for shipping and the price I paid for the item itself if it’s not as discussed or doesn’t arrive all I know is that “payment went through”

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

All you really need to focus on are the estimated dates of delivery. Sellers are not required to use tracking, so you really don't know if the seller has shipped or not. 

If the delivery date passes by one day and you don't receive your item you can go to the item in your purchase history and open an Item not received claim, by clicking I didn't receive it. 
The seller will have 2 days to either upload tracking showing delivery or send you a refund. If by day 3 there is no tracking info nor refund. You can go back to the case to ask eBay to step in for your refund. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Go to the help pages.

Search for Money Back Guarantee.

Read about what is covered and when you can make a claim.

When you are entitled to make an item not received claim, do so.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@repairtechhub,

"I’m worried because it’s a new seller".

According to your profile you are a New buyer, an as one you would not know that ebay places a 21-30 day hold on all new sellers first few payments. Many new sellers do not know about the hold as well.  They would not ship because on their account the payment status is marked as Pending, so they do not think they have received their funds yet, which is a common problem with new sellers, and also those sellers who have not sold anything in over a year, since ebay considers them to be new sellers also.

When you message your seller tell them if they have not shipped yet because of the payment being marked as Pending, on their account, that they should do a Google search for "Payments on hold - eBay" On the google results page they should open the link just below the People also ask: questions,  that has an address with (export.ebay) in it.  That article will give them the information they need to complete the sale and get the funds released sooner.  The first article on that page doesn't go into the details of how to get the funds released sooner. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There was an estimated date of delivery in the listing.  That date was evidently satisfactory for your needs, or you would not have made the purchase. Unless that date indicated it would be delivered in one business day, don't understand your concern.  There's absolutely nothing you can do until the EDD has passed. 

If it does not arrive within a day or two of that date, you can open an item not received case.  You are well protected by eBay's Money Back Guarantee which you need to read by the way.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply