cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I view the original listing of an item after I receive it ?

How can I view the original listing of an item after I receive it when the description seems different from what I remember. When I pull it up on my watchlist it just disappears after a second & I can't get the info I need.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Go to your ebay Purchase History and find the item there. That should show the original listing.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

Go to your ebay Purchase History and find the item there. That should show the original listing.

I agree it should.  It sounds like maybe op is saying listing may have been revised since he bought it (?)

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@jcristensen,

If the item was purchased less than 60 days ago, it should show up in your purchase history list, which has a default setting to "See items purchased; last 60 days "

If the purchase was made more than 60 days ago you can click on the down arrow to see your purchases made in 2023.   If the item was purchased over 90 days ago the photos and description information has been removed by ebay.  They delete listing details after 90 days.

If the listing you bought from was a multiple quantity available one, that recently sold out, that could be why it it appears and quickly disappears. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Are you using a browser, or the app? Latest version?

If you are using a browser, are you using mobile, classic or desktop mode?

Try using a different browser or a different browser mode.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@khetzel wrote:

@lakefor94 wrote:

I agree it should.  It sounds like maybe op is saying listing may have been revised since he bought it (?)

Subsequent revisions to a listing are irrelevant when determining if an item is not as described. The listing as it was when the purchase was made is the determining factor. Going to the listing through purchase history is the only way to ensure you're seeing it as it was then.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Yes... don't go to your Watch List, use your Purchase History. Another way to view it is to enter the item number into the Search bar and select 'Advanced search' to the right. Filter by 'Sold'. You'll see the original listing, anyway...

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I've had that happen. Now it just shows similar items for sale.  I took screenshots, but can't find them. Annoying 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I didn't have to do that before.  They say that it's been sold- in my purchase history. No kidding, why wouldvi want to buy it agIn?  They show me something similar (other friends D V Ds.) I can't tell if it had a box to hold the two separate dick holders. I can't see the listing the day after I received item. 😕  Is there a way to see original item listing right after you receive it?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I can't see the listing at all because it says the item has been sold. Here are things that are similar. 😞

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Are you using a browser, or the app?

If you are using a browser, are you using mobile, classic or desktop mode?

There should be a link to the original listing in your Purchase History, but you may have to scroll down or follow a link to see it. The exact details depend on what browser mode or app you are using, and what kind of listing it was. A multiple quantity listing that is still in stock may display differently than an ended listing, and after ninety days from ending the listing may disappear entirely unless the seller is using the "out of stock" feature.

If you know the item number, you can paste the item number into a link like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232986391713

From there you may have to follow a link in a banner at the top to find the original listing at the time of your purchase if it has been changed.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

viewing the original item listing seems to only apply to an auction. 

The purchase history shows the item and the purchase time and date but doesn't show the original ad for the purchased item. An advanced search of the item number just leads to the same item by the same seller. This is only supporting the seller and not the buyer and something ebay should fix 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

The purchase history shows the item and the purchase time and date but doesn't show the original ad for the purchased item.

The Purchase History has a link to the original item listing, or else to another page that has a link to the original listing. You should be able to see it unless the original listing has been removed by eBay after ninety days or for a policy violation.

What browser are you using? Mobile, classic or desktop?

What is the item number you are trying to find?

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Hi! Did you solve situation? Because I'm having the same problem.  I can't see original ad listing of the items listed just the ad .  Thanks 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Solved for Android users

I had the same problem using the browser.

I click the "Desktop site"  box for the browser and the details appear. 

Other sites have differences like this too so worth trying. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply