cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I report a Seller?

I contacted a seller on ebay about a product they were selling that I wanted to bid on asking if she would take a different payment than using Pay Pal and she informed it was ebay policy to use Pay Pal only.  I signed up and got Pay Pal so I could bid on the item.  I had several correspondances with the seller who informed me the item she was selling was rare and hoped that I would bid on it.  I placed a bid on the item and was the only bidder of it and won the item.  I immediately paid for the item through Pay Pal and less than a minute l later the seller cancelled my payment refunding my money saying the item was out of stock or damaged and I know that was not the case because of my correspondance with the seller.  I believe that once the seller saw where to ship the item and saw my name she didn't want to sell me the item that I had fairly won.  How can I report this buyer?  I feel the buyer singled me out for one reason or another.  I feel like I am being cheated out of the item I won.   

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why do you think the seller wouldn't sell to you if they found out your name or where to ship?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

There is no way to report the seller for this.  They have recieved a defect for cancelling the transaction, and that will affect their seller account.  Have you been done wrong by the seller?  Yep.  Is the seller going to be punished by ebay?  Yep.  Does the reason why the seller cancelled the transaction matter?  Nope.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I believe that once the seller saw where to ship the item and saw my name

Where are you located?  And what is it about your name that would make someone think twice about dealing with you?

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Just so you know, you shouldn’t contact a seller and ask to pay using a method not specified in the listing. In most categories eBay only allows 2 forms of payment right now-paypal and credit cards through the sellers merchant account but very few sellers have a merchant account. You don’t need a PayPal account to buy from a seller here, you can pay with a credit or debit card during checkout, PayPal will process the payment but no account is required. 

The seller self-reported when they cancelled for being out of stock. I doubt your name and location has anything to do with why they cancelled. They probably don’t want to sell to you because you have no feedback. Some sellers are patronized of 0 feedback buyers. All you can do is leave feedback and move on.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@virtualwhimsy wrote:

Where are you located?  And what is it about your name that would make someone think twice about dealing with you?

I have to wonder about that myself.  Since the OP's account is brand new, I assume it was opened to hide whatever it is that the OP thinks their name and location makes them undesirable to some sellers.  Most interesting.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@virtualwhimsy wrote:

______

The seller and I were apart of  fan page and there was bad blood on the page between her and others (excluding me) and I just feel that is why she cancelled the order when I won.  I've decided she is not worth any time and energy on this.  I am located in Maine.  If I had any clue this seller was that woman I would never have bid on the item.  Thanks for all the replies.  

Pat 

Brig3366

Message 7 of 7
latest reply