cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitch or Not when accepting offers

Good Morning guys,

A little bit ago I saw that I had received offers on 2 items w/ free shipping.  I accepted both of them, posted some replies on this board, then went back to my purchase history, clicked on the unpaid items button expecting the listings to be there, but nothing was.  I have no messages about paying and cannot find any info saying the offers were accepted on my summary or in messages.  Is This  glitch?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Did you look at your paid awaiting shipment items?

There is now a feature which requires offers to include a payment method. This may be turned on on your listings.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I forgot to add the two offers are still active in my messages.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Did you look at your paid awaiting shipment items?

There is now a feature which requires offers to include a payment method. This may be turned on on your listings.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo,

I clicked on every button in my purchase history, and there is no sign of the accepted offers anywhere. When I accepted the first offer I hald expected to be taken to check out but that did not happen, so I figured the seller had disabled the immediate payment requirement on their end. Then I accepted the 2nd offer, and again was not directed to checkout.

This site has been WONKY all morning. I clicked on Reply to your message and it marked your reply as a Best Answer, the pages have been slow to load, and the edit feature erased a whole answer when I went to add the second post about the offers still being active in my messages. Then it after awhile it appeared again, but I couldn't edit it.  I tried the edit almost immediately after my first post.

eBay must be making "Improvements" again.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

UPDATE;

Yesterday I checked several times throughout the day to see if the items were in my history and/or awaiting payment. NADA!

This morning they were in my PH and have been shipped. How did that happen without ever being directed to Check out, and why did it take almost a full day for the items to appear in my PH? 

I also did not accept the previous reply as Best Answer another glitch I have run into when replying to messages. Instead of there being  Cancel  - Reply at the bottom of the text box buttons some show Best Answer - Reply.  When reply is clicked the answer is selected as a solution.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

This morning they were in my PH and have been shipped. How did that happen without ever being directed to Check out, and why did it take almost a full day for the items to appear in my PH? 

@mudshark61369 

Maybe you are enrolled into the new program where when you accept Seller Initiated offers you will be auto billed. 

Maybe you are one of the first to be enrolled in this new enhancement to increase your buyer convenience, in which case it is a new enhancement, intended change, and not a glitch.  Please keep us posted should it happen again.   So long as you are NOT a seller, you may be able to remove your payment options and see what happens next time. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I am having same issue, accepted an offer item still shows available and unsold, does not allow me to send an invoice to buyer, and does not show in pending payment.  Glitch for sure one was a large sale and I contacted buyer , the other shows that I made person the winner, but nothing else.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

am having same issue, accepted an offer item still shows available and unsold, does not allow me to send an invoice to buyer, and does not show in pending payment.  Glitch for sure one was a large

@bohotradingco 

You have posted to an "older" thread.  What you are seeing is different than what is reflected in the original topic.   Recently, eBay placed some buyer requirements on your account that requires a buyer to enter a payment source in order to bid or make an offer.  

This was not well received by buyers since in limited their payment sources and disallowed combining items from the same seller for a reduced shipping cost.  Sellers could not send invoices, and all offers AND auction wins were charged separately for full shipping cost.  Your preferences require this, and normally any buyer would be instantly charged at your acceptance.  

NOW, they are rolling out another "enhancement", and we are only learning how it is working by sharing information with each other. 

eBay has not come forward with any specific information on exactly how the procedure is supposed to work, but there is some evidence posted by other users who are starting to experience the same as you. 

Apparently, in an effort to recover, eBay is changing the process yet again for both offers and bidding.  It appears now, that if you keep those preferences eBay gave you in place, when you "accept a buyer's offer" the nomenclature is changed to reflect that YOU SENT THEM AN OFFER.   You can "accept" as many offers as you like, but the first person who PAYS gets the product.  ?????? (aka the new 'snooze you lose' format).

It is interesting to note that "you cannot send an invoice" in these circumstances.  It is quite likely that if you turn off the Buyer Requirements for a while, your account may go "back to normal" for buyers that make offers or bid on your auctions.  It appears those in the supposed "test" enhancements will no longer get PAID immediately anyway.  You can check yours here: 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Buyer Payment Requirements

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they place a bid.

*Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer.

Click submit.

You can read more about this topic, and shared information here, with links to even more information:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/eBay-Testing-Changes-To-Payment-Process-For-Offers-amp-Auction...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Received-offers-turning-into-sent-offers/m-p/34183295#M2328738

Message 8 of 8
latest reply