cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

German Zip Code

Dear Sir,

I've been trying to make a purchase from Germany using Ebay.de

I've used this address.
For some reason this address Zip Code was not accepted.  
Saying in red:   {zip code appears to be wrong.}

Is there something I can do to have this address added to my mailing addresses please.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Stephen192.    
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

German Zip Code

By doing a quick google search, I found out that Germany uses a 5-digit postal code, which is numbers only, not letters. So I think the problem is the letters you have in front of the postal code.

According to this website which is for mail from the UK, you can use a single letter as a country code, but depending on what format was programmed, it may or may not be possible to do that. From what I can see, as long as you have the country on the last line, then  you should be fine with just the official 5-digit postal code.

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/germany/housing/postal-system#:~:text=German%20Addresses

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

German Zip Code

Your address was removed from your post, but from what @lacemaker3  is saying, I believe you must be using the european format for postal codes, which includes a country letter at the start, like D-82110 for Deutschland.

If that is the case, then just drop the letter and use the numbers, since the country is already designated in the address.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

German Zip Code

It's your shipping street address (not counting city, states, country) on two lines?

eBay has a weird glitch where if it's two lines, it will give a wrong zip error (even if zip is correct) for international orders.

Try condensing the street address on one line.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

German Zip Code

@gpsworld1 @shipscript @lacemaker3 

Buyer is in Malta.

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/malta/housing/postal-system

German Zip Code

Yes, I knew the OP (buyer) is in Malta. But he was using a shipping address in Germany, and he was including a country prefix in the postal code. But he was using two letters, not one (as Shipscript mentioned), and in any case, I don't think that eBay's address formatting permits the country prefix because it isn't standard. It isn't necessary as long as the country is included, and even that would not have been required if the seller was in Germany as well. In that case it would have been a domestic shipment, not international. OP said that he was making a purchase from eBay Germany, and having it shipped to a German address. The address format in Germany doesn't include the country prefix.

The address was removed from his post for privacy, but the incorrect postal code could be seen before that.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

German Zip Code

you have got to be kidding me

—‘ebay has a glitch’ ?!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

German Zip Code

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply