cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

False " Buyer asked to cancel" also known as "Lying"

On December 3rd around 5PM CST I placed an order and paid through paypal .

On December 7th, almost 4 days later, the seller cancels the order with no other message than the reason 'Buyer Requested to cancel". Except, I didn't request a cancellation.

A refund is now processing. the user wasted my time and held up my $ for almost 4 days, just to cancel, lie about the reasoning, and try to avoid the order defect mark. This is no way to do business and a clear violation of eBay Seller Policy. Support investigated my case and told me to report sellers that do this here: https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4022

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It's against Community rules to 'name and shame' other members. So you need to report the seller using the link you were given. That will give them the account defect they've earned.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had that happen to me a few weeks ago.

They left me positive feedback immediately after I paid, and then canceled using the reason buyer requested.   

What chaffs me is I couldn't leave them any feedback. If I could then  more than likely eBay would remove the neg. It seems crooked of eBay to do that.

They're registered in a foreign country shipping from the US so hopefully dropshipping will eventually be their downfall. 

Thanks for the report link.

If enough buyers report those lying sellers for abusing the refund system they'll get booted.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No problem. Apparently the name of the seller I posted was removed due to a rule about "naming and shaming". Sadly, this seller will likely continue this practice and get away with it. It's amazing to me that they have 100% positive feedback as well. I'm sure when they DO ship they do great. They just are involved in shady business practices. Thanks for protecting the guilty and censoring the victims mods!

If I was called out in a public forum I would be quite concerned and do whatever it took to fix the issue with my customer I jilted. Sadly, the seller whose name rhymes with beaker blunder core plenty free will probably keep misleading customers and avoiding the defect mechanism (which is there to protect buyers). Thank goodness we have ways to protect them from being outed!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

It's against Community rules to 'name and shame' other members. So you need to report the seller using the link you were given. That will give them the account defect they've earned.

@kathiec @Do you think eBay actually delves into these reports and issues the defect? 

Is there a radio button for the buyer to select something like, "Seller cancelled order and falsely selected cancellation was buyer requested"?

Posting ID
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lakefor94 wrote:

@kathiec wrote:

@kathiec @Do you think eBay actually delves into these reports and issues the defect? 

Is there a radio button for the buyer to select something like, "Seller cancelled order and falsely selected cancellation was buyer requested"?

All I can state is that eBay employees have stated that if reported the seller will get the defect. If you actually look at the next page after the selection that the seller has violated an eBay policy, one of the options is "Seller doesn’t want to complete the sale". It seems like a bot could issue defects from there.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@kathiec wrote:

@lakefor94 wrote:

@kathiec wrote:

All I can state is that eBay employees have stated that if reported the seller will get the defect. If you actually look at the next page after the selection that the seller has violated an eBay policy, one of the options is "Seller doesn’t want to complete the sale". It seems like a bot could issue defects from there.

Ahhh, OK. That makes sense as we know it would have to be bot inflicted. 

I just don't recall any sellers fessing up to having a defect added for an unscrupulous cancellation. 

Posting ID
Message 7 of 7
latest reply