cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake item but "This seller does not accept returns for this item."

I purchased what was reported to be genuine Apple Airpod Pro 2nd Generation earphones which turned out to be quiet convincing fakes with a "real" seral number and everything. I cannot start a return request because on the return page its states "This seller does not accept returns for this item" and it greys out the summit button. Is there some other way that I can contact ebay about this fraud without starting a return? Everything I see online say you have to start a return and then there is a certain amount of time for the seller to respond, but what do you do when you can not even start the return process? I used PayPal so worse comes to worst I will just get my money back through them but I would like to utilize the proper ebay channels so that the seller gets some form of repercussions. Any info on how to contact ebay about counterfeit products, that dont involve starting a return first, are greatly appreciated!   

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Go to the order and click to return this item. SInce the item is counterfeit, it's "not as described or pictured."

Choose that option. 

Seller will either have to issue a refund without requiring a return or will have to send you a prepaid shipping label to return the item, after which you will receive a full refund.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

The "seller does not accept returns" banner will be there b/c seller doesn't accept remorse returns. The seller has no choice when it comes to your type of return (Item Not As Described).

If I'm not mistaken, the "submit" button is grayed out, UNTIL you make a selection for return reason. Have you tried selecting a return reason?

Select the "Item Not As Described" reason. Then it should light up.

If it does not work, come back for more help.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If the item don't work as described and the seller have "seller does not accept returns" and I try to make he return and DON'T allow me to do it, Where I can contact ebay? because I don't found the way to get my money back, this item I bought and received is defective.

Any one have the info or how to contact ebay customer support? in the customer service area there is no info to reach them, I been in ebay as buyer more than 15 years and this is the first time have this kind of issue

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@jorge.pizarro 

If it has been more than 30 Days from the delivery date, you may not be able to open a return. What was the delivery date?

Can you post the EBay Item Number that was in the listing itself? Or cut and paste the url to the listing so members here can take a look.

Stick with this thread for a bit and let's see if you can get some help here. 

Posting ID
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@jorge.pizarro wrote:

If the item don't work as described and the seller have "seller does not accept returns" and I try to make he return and DON'T allow me to do it, Where I can contact ebay? because I don't found the way to get my money back, this item I bought and received is defective.

Any one have the info or how to contact ebay customer support? in the customer service area there is no info to reach them, I been in ebay as buyer more than 15 years and this is the first time have this kind of issue

@jorge.pizarro 

You don't need to contact customer support. If it's been less than 30 days since you received the package go to the item in your purchase history and click Return. Select that the item is defective as the reason. Ebay will give the seller three business days to send you a return label. If they don't, on the fourth business day go back to the case and ask eBay to step in.

If it's been more than 30 days you're outside the Money Back Guarantee window. If that's the case you'll have to turn to your payment source for a refund.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I have tried several options includng the 2nd,6th and last ones but none allow me to proceed.

Order date: 05 Apr, 2024 Order total: £35.99 Order number: 05-11410-41398

The listing for this item is as follows - "Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Generation Genuine - New (Sealed)"

They are clearly not as described and I dont know how to move forward 

Please can you help?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I have tried several options includng the 2nd,6th and last ones but none allow me to proceed.

The listing for this item is as follows - "Apple AirPods Pro 2nd Generation Genuine - New (Sealed)"

They are clearly not as described and I dont know how to get my refund.

Please can you help?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@jorge.pizarro 
I have tried several options including the 2nd,6th and last ones but none allow me to proceed.

They are clearly not as described and I dont know how to get my refund.

Please can you help?

These are the only options that are available.

1 Ordered by mistake
2 Arrived damaged
3 Don’t like it
4 Missing parts or pieces
5 Changed my mind
6 Item is defective
7 Received wrong item
8 Doesn't fit
9 Found a better price
10 Doesn't match description or photos

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

These are the only options that are available.

1 Ordered by mistake
2 Arrived damaged
3 Don’t like it
4 Missing parts or pieces
5 Changed my mind
6 Item is defective
7 Received wrong item
8 Doesn't fit
9 Found a better price
10 Doesn't match description or photos

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@byron_gayle 

Stick with #6

Make sure to upload a photo.

When you enter text explaining why you are returning the item, break it into 2 lines with a carriage return like this example:

Item is Not as described.

Item needs to be returned for refund.

After doing those two things, see it it will allow you to process the return.

Posting ID
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Several responders here have tagged on to a post that was originally from last October.

It would have been better to start your own thread; however, here is the answer to your problem.

If it has been less than 30 days since you received this, you can and should open an item not as described case.  That "seller does not accept returns" does NOT apply in the case of an item that is not as described.

Please read the Money Back Guarantee for buyers.  You have no need to contact customer support.  Just open the case.

And please give this some thought:  If a seller's "does not accept returns" had any standing at all in the case of an item that's not as described, wouldn't it be possible for me to list any old piece of  junk as a valuable item, for you to buy and pay for it, discover that it's junk, want to return it but would not be allowed to because I had stated "no returns"?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I selected option 6 and cut and paste the suggested 2 lines of text directly from your message

I also added a couple of photos, but still the Confirm button is greyed out.

I see no way of proceeding.

Please help

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

So you don't believe #10 would be the applicable reason?

Advertised as Apple (description) but are not.  Seems to me like it fits.  

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

When did you receive this item? To open a case with eBay, you have to open the case within 30 days of receipt of the item.  Failing that, you still have Paypal or your credit card as a means of resolving the issue.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply