cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake Chinese Morgan Dollars Are Entire Search Page

eBay seriously needs to step in and do something about these counterfeits from China. I was just browsing and punch in Morgan dollar, and the first 6 sponsored listings are all fakes from China, with multiple watchers. It pains me because I know older folks fall for this stuff all the time. Please I ask eBay to please remove these accounts and their listings, they are scamming people. 

IMG_4437.jpeg

IMG_4436.jpeg

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

eBay won't do anything unless numerous reports are filed. There is a report this listing link in every listing, feel free to report those listing you feel are violating eBay policy. But understand eBay isn't going to take the word of one person submitting reports.  And will just feel you are attempting to remove your competitor. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I know, I saw one account get 20 negatives before it finally was taken down

Surely they can afford to staff someone to atleast take down the obvious stuff, these coins you can find on those Chinese sites for $2 each 

This post is more so just a reminder to the staff 😞

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@piggypowerllc,

"Surely they can afford to staff someone to atleast take down the obvious stuff, these coins you can find on those Chinese sites for $2 each

This post is more so just a reminder to the staff".

Staff at the level you would need to reach to take the action you suggest,  do not monitor these boards. Even if you could reach someone at that level of management, they would need to hire more than one expert to vet each of the 140,000+ listings just for those coins, and it would not be just for the Morgans, but all currency and coin listings, with hundreds if not thousands of new listings posted daily, just in those categories. 

As a collector of any  type of collectibles listed on ebay or other sites, you have to have knowledge enough and do your own due diligence, to avoid counterfeit items. Myself, I would never use a phone or the App to shop in the main collectible category I buy in. I want all of the info displayed including the search filters shown on the main site, and a large screen to view photos on.

FYI, sellers pay extra fees to have listings Sponsored.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@piggypowerllc 

< I know older folks fall for this stuff all the time >   

Not all elderly people are as infirm as one notable I could name but won't.  

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Buyers must know what they are buying and avoid those too good to be true deals.  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Older folks fall for this stuff all the time? Seriously????? I'm truly done with the perception that seniors are all blithering idiots. I'll match my mental acuity against yours any day of the week. 

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I keep reporting these and ebay keeps sending me back the message that the listing doesn't abuse their listing policies. I keep reporting them eventually some are remove. Just reported again an 1878-s with 36 sold as a counterfeit!!! They are going to ruin the market

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

No need to take that as a personal attack 😂

it is true though. Why do you think all those ads are placed on channels older folks watch? 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Agreed. However to the sponsored part, I don’t think they’d mind an extra 5% to get a $2 coin sold for $100 haha. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@gosimus wrote:

@piggypowerllc 

< I know older folks fall for this stuff all the time >   

Not all elderly people are as infirm as one notable I could name but won't.  

I think we know who you mean, unfortunately.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

To staff someone who is going to make decisions based on photos? What about other collectibles? There is not enough staff and definitely expertise to conduct such a task…

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Maybe because many have disposable income? I personally keep in the vaults in different banks, about 10 thousand silver dollars and many of them in Carson city…none of them are fakes..p.s. and I’m an older fellow with a deep pockets..🤧🧐

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Minted in Carson  city…

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Yes, it would be a start. If I can visibly tell that they are fake, someone else equally into coin collecting will be able to. You can find the exact coins for sale on aliexpress for $2. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply