cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay sides with the scammers... Again.

This Chinese seller sent me the wrong size shoe. I let him know and he refunded me and told me to reorder... Okay, so I reorderedand even left him a note at checkout "SEND US SIZE 10 THIS TIME!" Once again, they arrive and they're size 7. So I leave the guy negative feedback twice for his inconpitence and opened a case.

The outcome? eBay  told me to ship the shoes back. The only problem is that shipping to China costs about what I paid for the shoes.  That's right, they were only $13 and shipping was $11. So I come out in the negative. On top of that, they removed both feedbacks, which basically encourages him to not learn.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I think we need a more clear definition of scammers on this board. The seller made no extra money sending you the wrong size. He sent your item. Incompetence is not the same thing as scamming. Stop buying from China

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If you're buying from china, you're rolling the dice.  Some transactions will turn out fine, some you will regret.  EBay isn't siding with the seller here, they are following the MBG program that you agreed to when you bought the item.  Want a refund?  You gotta return the item.  Which is 100% fair, it just sucks that return shipping to China is insane, and this is your second go around with this seller.  Best advice:  Learn from this, and don't buy from China.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

wrote:

This Chinese seller sent me the wrong size shoe. I let him know and he refunded me and told me to reorder... Okay, so I reorderedand even left him a note at checkout "SEND US SIZE 10 THIS TIME!" Once again, they arrive and they're size 7. So I leave the guy negative feedback twice for his inconpitence and opened a case.

The outcome? eBay  told me to ship the shoes back. The only problem is that shipping to China costs about what I paid for the shoes.  That's right, they were only $13 and shipping was $11. So I come out in the negative. On top of that, they removed both feedbacks, which basically encourages him to not learn.

If a transaction goes bad like this, don't ask for a replacement as the same thing can happen again~as you found out.

I am not sure you opened the right case.  This was not item not received, you did receive an item, it was item not as described.  If the item is not as described, seller is supposed to pay for return shipping.  They can't send you a label but they can Paypal you the money.  You can call CS about this, but you may have call more than once and quote the policy to them.

As you found out, buying from China can be very problematic, and many have considered that for future buying decisions.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It appears OP has had a high percentage of problems with their purchases. It would be in their best interest to learn how to better vet listings and sellers.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Or stop buying on-line altogether..

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

wrote:

I think we need a more clear definition of scammers on this board. The seller made no extra money sending you the wrong size. He sent your item. Incompetence is not the same thing as scamming. Stop buying from China

That word does seem to be over-used these days.

OTOH, perhaps the OP is implying that this was deliberately done.  While seller may not make anything for sending the wrong shoe, suppose 7 is all they have, but they know that in the US, a 10 would be more popular.  Add in the possibility that buyer won't want to pay to return, and voila...

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

greatestauctionever,

Your seller in China may or may not be a scammer. Also, from what feedback comments I have read  about Chinese sellers who are selling clothing items on eBay, the negative comments buyers posted in their profiles state that the goods received were "too small" and NOT size as stated.

To me, sizing is different among different countries. A US size 14 garment maybe a size 4XL in CHINA. A US Size 10 shoe maybe a China size 14 for all I can guess. So when the Chinese seller read your [translated] eBay message, they sent you China size 10 shoes which you received being equal to US size 7 shoes. I don't know. Maybe you needed to have requested a size 13 or size 14 shoes (from China) after the first time you received a pair of size 7 shoes.

Godzilla_Goose

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@greatestauctionever,

"This Chinese seller sent me the wrong size shoe. I let him know and he refunded me and told me to reorder... ".

Why would you trust the seller to send the right thing the second time?  Oriental fashion sizing tends to run much smaller than western sizes, as others have already said. 

"So I leave the guy negative feedback twice for his inconpitence and opened a case.  The outcome? eBay  told me to ship the shoes back. The only problem is that shipping to China costs about what I paid for the shoes.  That's right, they were only $13 and shipping was $11. So I come out in the negative. On top of that, they removed both feedbacks, which basically encourages him to not learn".

You lost the dispute because you refused to return the shoes.  Normally when a buyer opens a not as described dispute, they win, and sellers are responsible or return shipping.  However, high volume clothing sellers get a break because "wrong size" is considered a Buyer's Remorse issue, so the buyer is  responsible for return shipping. 

Depending on what you wrote in the feedback ebay may have removed it.  If you mentioned an ebay dispute in any way that qualifies for removal.  The fact that originally the seller refunded you seemingly without you having to return the 1st pair of shoes, is why the that feedback was removed.

In looking at your feedback profile, I see you buy from a lot of untrustworth sellers.  I found you have bought from 4 sellers in the last 6 months who have a feedback rating in the 97% range.  That is an extremely poor rating for high volume sellers.  eBay sets a high bar for its sellers and a very good high volume one will have a rating of 99.6 or higher.  Those with less than a 99% rating have definite problems.  You need to look at sellers feedback profiles before buying, you can click on the numbers of negatives they have received to read only those comments.  Now that you know negatives can be removed figure that there should probably be more negatives than are displayed.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Op had you opened a SNAD case the seller would have to pay the return shipping 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

STOP ORDERING FROM CHINA!
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Ebay can terminate a buyer's MBG coverage if they open too many cases.  It can also negatively impact your buying privileges.  The MBG does not absolve a buyer of the responsibility to make informed buying decision by doing their buyer's due diligence.  

So if one keeps making bad buying decisions because they think the MBG has their back,  the day may come when they will no longer be covered by the MBG.  This is what can happen when you keep taking chances.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply