cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay not listening/understanding or reading history regarding my complaint!

Hi,

I have an issue with both the seller and eBay with respect to an item I purchased on 30th October 2023 on the UK site whilst working overseas.

My wife e-mailed in a panic saying she needed a new tyre as she had an irreparable puncture on one of the rear tyre. As it's a 4x4 have to replace both tyres on same axle. to buy new ones was a 2-3 week delivery on black circles or My tyres ( ordered them)  and  found  2 part  worn  tyres bought them at buy it now price to plug th gap to get my wife back on the road. I then realised  when i received the confirmation of purchase that although they were the correct size the load rating was incorrect for my vehicle and not only that I had neglected to note they were collection only. I apologised most profusely to the buyer and put in a request  to cancel almost immediately. The buyer did not respond until the 2/11/23 saying he could not cancel as they had been dispatched and a note appeared on the purchase history stating  'the buyer has refused to cancel' ( rather strange since they were collection only). I tried to cancel but the site stated it was too late to cancel the order as they had been dispatched. I then contacted him and explained I was in Bahrain and could not collect the tyres. He agreed to refund and then we exchanged several messages the general gist of which was that he could not refund as the ebay website would not allow him to refund. I sent the seller screenshots of how to do it. The seller then asked for personal contact details i.e., phone number and e-mail..which I declined to  send. After around a week of unanswered messages I reported the seller to ebay. (and received the standard response..thank you for reporting th seller blah blah etc) then heard nothing.  I tried to raise a case against the seller on the website, however I had a message stating that I would have to wait until after the last delivery date for the item....(it was collection only) and  no matter which way I tried to navigate through to raise the complaint I was directed back to this page ("We were unable to cancel your order.. you an still contact he seller to return the order after you receive it !!!") ...grrrr!!! these are collection only which part of that do you not understand. I then tried to contact customer services however the only contact option was a call back to the  registered phone number on my account and my SIM did not work in this part of the Middle East. I use WhatsApp to communicate and I message apps on my laptop so could not exercise that option. I sent an e-mail to customer service stating this fact but received no reply. An e-mail that ebay state they did not receive.

When I returned back to the UK in January 2024 i contacted ebay and via the request call back option explained at length the above an the guy I spoke to apologised for the issues I have had with the seller and not being able to raise a case and said that he would request the refund and it would be in my account within 4-5 days.  I travelled again for work and I am out of the country until mid March. I checked my paypal acc for something unrelated a few days ago and noted the refund had not been received.  

I contacted ebay via the chat and went through a very long tedious chat explaining the above.  Rather annoyingly the rep who i spoke to in January had not put any note on my account  which is unbelievable.  i have asked for the recording of that call  and was told it would take 7-10 daysThe end result was again the guy would request the refund which would take 7-10 days. Happy days I thought at last go this resolved. I then received a series of e-mails stating various things about my contacts with ebay saying very sorry you received the damaged or incorrect goods, try leaving adverse feedback, ( did it months ago) try contacting the seller ( numerous occasion( no reponse) , wait until the latest delivery date has expired and raise a case, sorry ebay cannot help try raising a case outside ebay... I have wasted so much time on this and yet ebay  refuse to help me get my money back from this scam seller. I have had an ebay account for over 19 years  have 100% feedback as a buyer and a seller have only had one non positive feedback by a guy who like me bought the wrong item said it was dirty and damaged as the reason of wanting a refund  (which it was not)  Who i refunded fully immediately and paid for the item to be returned. I have also spent in excess of £45K in that time and sold numerous high value items. I do tend to favour Amazon now for items I need quickly as you cannot always get he things you need next day delivery and Amazon plugs that gap.. but i am seriously thinking of closing my ebay and paypal accounts when I get back to the UK in March. I would do it now however,  i have just spent over a £1000 on 3 items that the sellers are kindly agreed wait  to ship until I let them know I am on my way home to the UK so have ot sort that out before I can do that so i can keep in contact with the sellers.  The seller still has an ebay shop...I am not the only person he has done this to yet ebay are more interested in protecting this guy who will not do the right thing. I tied ot contact the guy yesterday via the 'contact seller' in my purchase history and it said 'You can no longer contact his seller as it has bene 90 days since you purchased the item'  I am pulling my hair out and it is quite obvious the person or persons from ebay customer service are not looking at anything to do with my complaint history or previous communications ,only giving me stock answers from a crib sheet.  I am open to any suggestions as to what to do as ebay are no helping me 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

This will be better asked on your home site

https://www.ebay.co.uk/

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Cheers ..not sure how I ended up on a different site thanks for the heads up

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I made it to the 30th of Oct.

Once the MBG has expired, there's not much Ebay will do.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 4
latest reply