cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay needs to increase wach list items

Why are we limited on our watch list? Does it hurt anyone if I have five or five hundred items on my watch list? If I have to pull out a pen and paper to write down seller's info and item number, or try and remember who has what item I was looking at. Scrolling endlessly through sellers' trying to refind an item that I want to purchase. Then on top of that We are limited to how many sellers we can list as well. This is a joke Ebay and needs to be fixed. The more items and sellers you can add the more likely you are to find exactly what you are looking for. We as sellers do not have to rely on back searching through purchase list to find sellers that I have had to unfollow to add more sellers to my follow list. I feel like my on personal secretary with all this back log information searches I have to do. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You could perhaps create a new folder on your browser and bookmark specific item listing pages when you find something you'd like to "watch." That might work as a quick way to access those items and would solve the problem with whatever the limit eBay has set for watched items.

If that is not satisfactory, go through your list of watched items frequently and remove every listing that's been ended. I can't imagine on a list that large that every listing would still be active.

Have you created supplemental lists along with your main watch list? The software may allow you to add more items on each individual list than you can by using only the main watch list. I divide my watch list into "Books," "Puzzles," "Nordic Ware," etc. I don't save nearly so many item listings as you, so I'm not sure of the limits for the number of lists or how many items you can place on them, but it might be worth your while to investigate that option.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I believe that eBay currently allows a user to add up to 400 items to the Watch List.

And last time I checked, it was possible to add up to 200 sellers to the Saved Seller list. And also up to 200 searches could be saved on the Saved Searches list, I believe.

If you are using a desktop browser, it is possible to create additional custom lists like the Watch List and add up to 200 items to each list. It is possible to create up to 50 such custom lists, so you can watch more than 10,000 individual items that way. If you are using a mobile phone, you may need to use a browser and request the desktop site version of the page to take advantage of this feature; the eBay app does not support custom lists other than the Watch List.

I suspect very few users are actively watching 10,000 items at any given time, so eBay likely thinks that is more than enough for most people. Users requiring more capacity may want to look into alternative means to keep track of items such as creating a new eBay account and using that to watch another 10,000+ items, or using third party services to search for items and to generate emails when qualifying items are found.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Currently it won’t let me add more than 32… the number just continues decreasing. Really making me angry 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Currently it won’t let me add more than 32… the number just continues decreasing.

Make sure you are looking at the entire Watch List, not just the active items or just one category.

Try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/mye/myebay/watchlist?custom_list_id=WATCH_LIST&filter=listing_status:ALL&page=1...

Then try deleting some old or ended items to make space for new items.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@jajo_628534, @jdudsbazar ,

If you are not using the Custom lists feature, as eburtonlab suggested, You are creating problems for your self.  Since I have my searches set at Time: ending soonest it allows me to easily remove ended items in the All listings list  reducing the number of listings in my custom lists.  So instead of having 407 items in my all items list,  like I had last Friday, I now have 335 items divided into in the 4 lists I have.  I try to empty the ended listings about once a week, but sometimes I let it go for longer.

If you do a lot of shopping online, maybe you need to clear your temporary internet files and cookie cache, then restart your device.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Very good question and I agree with you, it should matter if you're watching 5 or 500 items but only eBay knows the answer.  However, not long ago 100 items was the max.  Now it seems like 230 is when I get "watch list full" warnings.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I remove items daily and I am in all items but still very limited to the number in my watch list. I use the ending soonest feature daily.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I just found that a bunch of Ended watched items were still there. So maybe the “ended” tab was taking up all the space for the actual active watched items. Hopefully 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Today I found out that I have 415 items in my watchlist. Apparently now you can have more than 400 items. I remember that I could store only 300 items until 2021.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

This thread is almost 2 years old

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply