cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay endorsed scam

It appears that if you want to steal Ebay will assist.  Simply list an item for sale. After receiving payment send the buyer a thank you card using the ebay provided shipping with tracking number. Do not ship the item ordered and use the tracking provided as proof of delivery. Ebay will accept your "proof".  You get to keep the item and the money, WIN WIN

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay endorsed scam

@seabeecpo 

If I am reading you correctly.....

If a seller shipped me a thank you card instead of the item, I would file a return with the reason of Missing Parts or Pieces and then ship their thank you card back to them in the return process and then receive my refund thru eBay.

As backup, since I pay with a credit card, as a buyer, I hold the trump card 100% of the time and will win every trick.

The other trick is vetting the seller enough to know I would not be buying from a seller that would attempt a fraud.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Ebay endorsed scam

I reported that I had not received my ordered item. Ebay said it was delivered. I guess I was scammed quite well. The next time it happens I will advise Ebay that the item I received was not what I ordered. Live and learn. Appreciate it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ebay endorsed scam

If you filed an item not received case, you would loose because tracking showed something was delivered.

Some of these shady sellers are counting on buyers opening the wrong type of case on Ebay.

If you paid through Pay Pal, open a case with them or contact your credit card.

But, do a not as described, not didn't receive.

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay endorsed scam

@seabeecpo wrote:

I reported that I had not received my ordered item. Ebay said it was delivered.

I guess I was scammed quite well. The next time it happens I will advise Ebay that the item I received was not what I ordered. Live and learn. Appreciate it. 

After you lose the Item Not Received case

teth_1615_0-1711236727769.jpeg

simply go back and click

More actions > RETURN THIS ITEM

DOES NOT MATCH DESCRIPTION OR PHOTOS @seabeecpo 

upload a photo, write TWO LINES in the comment, and hit Submit request

to start your return request to get an immediate refund or a return label to get your refund.

If not, go back after 3 business days to step in and ask eBay to take over the return request for your refund.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply