cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Tools

For some reason on my laptop if I search for anything its in dollars.  It will not let me search UK it has USA or Worldwide  Help please

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay Tools

@jorjas2009,

If you are seeing prices given in U.S. dollars, then you have been directed to ebay's U.S. based site (ebay.com).  That can happen if you open a listing from a seller located in the U.S. or other countries on your device, then go on to search their other items.  You were then on the U.S. site when you logged out and when you came back to ebay, your computer's memory logged you into this site.

If you check your address bar right now you will see (community.ebay.com) in it, which means you have posted on the U.S. site. To get back to the U.K. based site, you will have to log out and manually login to ebay.co.uk  with your username and password.

In the future if you go to a foreign seller's listings, to get back to your home site use the back arrow to go back to your original search page on your home site.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay Tools

@jorjas2009,

If you are seeing prices given in U.S. dollars, then you have been directed to ebay's U.S. based site (ebay.com).  That can happen if you open a listing from a seller located in the U.S. or other countries on your device, then go on to search their other items.  You were then on the U.S. site when you logged out and when you came back to ebay, your computer's memory logged you into this site.

If you check your address bar right now you will see (community.ebay.com) in it, which means you have posted on the U.S. site. To get back to the U.K. based site, you will have to log out and manually login to ebay.co.uk  with your username and password.

In the future if you go to a foreign seller's listings, to get back to your home site use the back arrow to go back to your original search page on your home site.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay Tools

All sorted now, thank you so much for your help

Message 3 of 3
latest reply