cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Admits to hiding negative feedback for "Certian" Sellers

I contacted eBay about feedback removed from a sellers account.  They said the feedback was valid, but the seller met a "special criteria" to have the feedback removed.  They would not disclose what that criteria was, or how that system works.

This seller failed to even respond to me when I reached out to them.

The feedback system on eBay seems to be an utter sham, especially if they're giving preferential treatment to certain sellers.

eBay gets a big :thumbsdown: from me!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@etacarina11 wrote:

These are power sellers ( high volume sales) that can get feedback removed...there is also a way for non power sellers to get feedback removed but this requires a certain action that I can't go in to detail here.

It seems like you're confirming what eBay did...these special (aka horrible) sellers get to hide their bad behavior and eBay helps them do it.   The common plebs do not get the same treatment.  

Even worse is this is all hidden in policies they won't reveal or be upfront about until pressured.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Feedback doesn't mean a lot anymore. Ebay doesn't use it in any way to rate a seller. Unless a seller has a high percentage of negative feedback, many buyers don't pay any attention to it. Just look at the high volume sellers who get hundreds of negatives and neutrals every month and are still in business.

My guess would be that if you received a refund on your purchase that could be why it was removed. I've seen Amazon do this. But this is only a guess.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@xephael wrote:

I contacted eBay about feedback removed from a sellers account.  They said the feedback was valid, but the seller met a "special criteria" to have the feedback removed.  They would not disclose what that criteria was, or how that system works.

This seller failed to even respond to me when I reached out to them.

The feedback system on eBay seems to be an utter sham, especially if they're giving preferential treatment to certain sellers.

eBay gets a big :thumbsdown: from me!

these are power sellers ( high volume sales) that can get feedback removed...there is also a way for non power sellers to get feedback removed but this requires a certain action that I can't go in to detail here.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@koinonia215 wrote:

My guess would be that if you received a refund on your purchase that could be why it was removed. I've seen Amazon do this. But this is only a guess.

No refund or case opened with eBay.   It was a issue that I was able to catch and fix after buying replacement parts...  Negative feedback was because the seller never responded, and had a inaccurate listing.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@etacarina11 wrote:

These are power sellers ( high volume sales) that can get feedback removed...there is also a way for non power sellers to get feedback removed but this requires a certain action that I can't go in to detail here.

It seems like you're confirming what eBay did...these special (aka horrible) sellers get to hide their bad behavior and eBay helps them do it.   The common plebs do not get the same treatment.  

Even worse is this is all hidden in policies they won't reveal or be upfront about until pressured.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply