cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY WON'T ENFORCE ITS OWN RULES, WHY?

I reported a seller for violations three weeks ago and he is STILL selling on eBay! In EVERY ONE of his listings he tells buyers to NOT bid, says that all bids will be REMOVED, says that they can only buy his items OUTSIDE of eBay, that he won't use eBay messages, that they have to CALL him, and he provides a number for that purpose. All of this information is stated in one of the images that he posts for all of his listings. What the heck is wrong with eBay? Here's a clear violation of eBay policy and this loser is still selling like this? Please don't blame Covid, eBay has people working now who handle this stuff. I also reported another seller who's eBay store name is a WEB ADDRESS that allows people to buy from him directly outside of eBay and also pointed out that he left a comment for a buyer who left him negative feedback that RIDICULES the buyer's English, and THIS guy is still selling as usual. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You have done your duty as a good and decent citizen and  I believe eBay will take necessary action at some stage. No doubt there are severe delays in processing and acting on these violations eBay must have multiples of thousands and thousands of such incidents daily and like drug dealers or counterfeiters you catch one and 2 take their place.

Buyers have a very important role to play as these violations will cease if buyers don't buy or deal with such people or businesses.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@lichtpriester,

When yo filed the report did you give the reason as trying to sell outside of ebay?  If not report a few of their other items for that reason and say in the text box that they state they will cancel bids and to contact them using a phone number they provide. If they put that info in one of the photos, that could be why a checker missed it, so add that to the text message along with the photo number.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Ebay is a little slow at following through on issues. I reported a seller for the same reason and the listing ended before ebay did anything. Eventually the seller did become unregistered. It's very frustrating and extremely hard to tell what they're doing since they never tell you about their actions.

I reported an issue to them regarding the ewaste fee here in CA being applied to the wrong products and after they admitted their error and escalated the issue to the tax dept. to fix, it still took them another 4 months to correct it.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Scammers routinely hijack existing accounts and list the same items again and again, changing only the throw-away email address or phone number shown in the image. Such listings often go up on Friday night, and are taken down by eBay Saturday morning (Pacific Time).

If you are referring to the same listings I have seen, if you look closely you will discover the username of the account you see on the active listings is not the same as the account you reported weeks ago.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Reported 3 weeks ago ?

Everything is likely blamed on the virus

EBay currently understaffed due to covid 19 ?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Is it this garbage?

2020102.jpg

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I've been seeing those and reporting them as well and it is different accounts.  If I had to guess I'd say they auto-upload these listings once they find a vulnerable account to use and hope that maybe they get one or two hits.  They don't even seem to have the BIN price at a reasonable value for many of the items so it seems very automated and random.  I have a particular search that I get e-mails for and that's how I stumble across these, because they keep listing that same item.  Since the image with the contact info always looks the same, I'm surprised there isn't some kind of image search that Ebay could do to flag these.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Saw a new variation of this today. Instead of an image with text in it, they have it right in the description.  The link is some site that starts with "ebay" and then ends with another numbered domain name registered in Reykjavik.  The numbers seem to all be different, possibly automatically generated. This is a stock liquidation, I have closed my business (*****) Stock Liquidation Make an offer and we will close the auction for youYou have 3 steps to do :1---    Copy the link and open
2---    Complete the form (Shipping details)   ***   Shipping worldwide   *** 
3---    Please make us a price offer    ***  Do not respond to ridiculous offers    ***                  Here is the link

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Always report as trying to sell outside of ebay. Ebay will go after someone trying to cheat them out of fees faster than any other reason. They're quick to prevent their own loss of income, slow to protect anyone else's.

______
I am a volunteer here to try and help others, so be nice and remember - My advice might well be worth what you're paying for it.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@lichtpriester wrote:

I reported a seller for violations three weeks ago and he is STILL selling on eBay! In EVERY ONE of his listings he tells buyers to NOT bid, says that all bids will be REMOVED, says that they can only buy his items OUTSIDE of eBay, that he won't use eBay messages, that they have to CALL him, and he provides a number for that purpose. All of this information is stated in one of the images that he posts for all of his listings. What the heck is wrong with eBay? Here's a clear violation of eBay policy and this loser is still selling like this? Please don't blame Covid, eBay has people working now who handle this stuff. I also reported another seller who's eBay store name is a WEB ADDRESS that allows people to buy from him directly outside of eBay and also pointed out that he left a comment for a buyer who left him negative feedback that RIDICULES the buyer's English, and THIS guy is still selling as usual. 

It's just "$2.70 guy", using a different starting price. He's been doing it for years. eBay should be able to automatically detect him by now.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I reported a seller for listing his website in all his photos. This unfair practice has stopped me from listing on eBay. I have contacted eBay 3 times. The third time they gave me a case number. Nothing was done. Reviews on eBay are a fact, buyers and sellers are leaving. There are other venues out there. I have been with eBay since 1996. They have China sellers that cause problems across the board. Since they don’t enforce they own rules  they will fail and are failing. Google the popularity. I’m glad is isn’t my company.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply